1% NHS Payrise
Apparently the government can’t afford any more.

What about all that money the bus promised?
But we clapped for them in the first lockdown, what more do they want the ungrateful sods......

Absolute disgrace we cant afford to give them a decent pay rise, bet we could find another contract for some Tory donor and pay them for crap PPE
Given inflation and RPI, it's a real terms pay cut.
Luckily there are a fair few of them that haven't spent their claps from the 1st wave yet.
(03-05-2021, 02:34 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Given inflation and RPI, it's a real terms pay cut.

Add to that the freezing of the personal tax allowance and it's about as 'fuck you' as a deal can get.
We're all being shafted, not just the nurses. You Gov says 55% of people think Rishi delivered a "Fair" budget. That's the highest figure in 10 years. The Tories are now 13 points ahead in the polls despite increasing the tax burden to a level not seen since 1969.
(03-05-2021, 04:33 PM)Protheroe Wrote: We're all being shafted, not just the nurses. You Gov says 55% of people think Rishi delivered a "Fair" budget. That's the highest figure in 10 years. The Tories are now 13 points ahead in the polls despite increasing the tax burden to a level not seen since 1969.

They (thanks NHS and public health)  did the vaccine rollout out well... so that means the following doesn’t count / matter seemingly...

One of the worst death rates from Covid in the world 
Dominic Cummings debacle and subsequent pay rise 
Hancock and his department acting unlawfully
Spending several billions on a Test and Trace system that hasn’t worked properly since it started 
Wasted millions on an app that didn’t work 
Prepared to break international law to get its own way
Given billions of taxpayers money to companies seemingly with links to the Conservative party 
Home Secretary found to have bullied members of staff patted on the back and told to carry on 
Gavin Williamson handling of education throughout the pandemic  

I’m sure there are more but it’s difficult to keep up
(03-05-2021, 04:33 PM)Protheroe Wrote: We're all being shafted, not just the nurses. You Gov says 55% of people think Rishi delivered a "Fair" budget. That's the highest figure in 10 years. The Tories are now 13 points ahead in the polls despite increasing the tax burden to a level not seen since 1969.

I have noticed Rishi eh? Is it only conservative  politicians  who get called by their first names. Shameful by the print and tv/radio media kept calling Johnson, Boris, now it's  going to be the same for Sunak.

The polls are good for the conservatives, but this is replicated throughout the globe for the parties who are in power. In fact until recently , the conservatives  had been something of a global outlier , as one of the few parties in power  to have lost support during the pandemic.

On the specific issue, this is shameful by the Govt, but I would caution the nurses, don't  expect too much in the way of public support. It's  very much everyone for themselves now...just the way the rich and powerful like it.
The govt have to be tight and whilst I understand the difficulty in making pay rises across the board, they should offer bonuses to those deserving of them in NHS and care sector. These are one off costs rather than pay rises which are permanent and costly going forwards.

Something tells me that the likes of you and your Tory mates will still be able to put food on the table and have a very good standard of living.
So sorry if you won't be able to accumulate wealth at your usual rate despite having the party of the rich in power.
I wouldn't go shouting out about this poll lead too early by the way. I know the British public are quite easily bought by lies and dangling carrots but there's plenty of water to flow under the bridge as yet.
Even with your mates in the media they won't  be able to sweep this shitstorm under the carpet completely.
Loved that arrogant wanker Hancock bigging up the test and trace doing the job that a couple of amateur detectives could probably have sorted in an evening.
Nobody asked why we were in the situation were these new variants could enter the country so easily.
I wonder if it was more government incompetence again.