Unevidenced testing of our children
Big Grin

Sorry chaps, I was just seeing you as the same as me. Moving the mouse on my work pc whilst checking for any old crap to be spouted on this dump and hoping someone comes along and offers early retirement!
(03-02-2021, 03:40 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 03:28 PM)woodman Wrote: NHS Test and Trace (England) statistics: 11 February to 17 February 2021 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

There have been around 3.95 million tests done on primary and secondary school kids with a whopping 7.2K positives. That's 0.18%. I don't want to start on false positives but that's them all and as it's the LFT the claim that a negative test makes you safe is also completely untrue. In fact Sage's educational videos state it many times. LFTs won't rule out infection today or tomorrow.

Add to this that no data has been presented on the benefits, no evaluation done and certainly there is no presented evidence to suggest such a mass screening of our kids is anything but a gross failure of public health principles and potentially ethics.

So in a nutshell millions of tests no positives, due to the type of tests can't rule out infection at a later date and it's a colossal waste of money.

Why would we keep testing them in this way? What actual harms are being done to our kids testing them like this anyway from a much wider perspective in terms of harms? 

It's abuse and if you have kids I'd suggest you ensure they're not tested at all if you've got any sense of concern about their wellbeing.

What are you talking about 'Our Kids'? You're based in the US or have you forgotten that whopper?

You are a twat aren't you.
All my family are in UK and I'm not allowed to return home unless I pay 1750. 
So yes my kids
And for those that think just sticking a swab up the nose twice a week is acceptable when there's absolutely no evidenced benefit just shows how far gone society in this country has gone. A country where the govt can make you do things with absolutely no proven benefits at all.
Aren't you the one trying to wind me up?  Big Grin

You really are getting yourself in a tizzy Billy. Did you read about Sweden today btw, they really are stacking it with their approach by the looks of it.

If I wanted to see my kids I'd find the £1,750. This must be why you are so frustrated, wife and kids back in the UK, you too tight to pay to get home. Can I suggest you have a good wank in that sock you were referring to. What was it... oh yeah, nighty night   Big Grin Big Grin
(03-02-2021, 07:34 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Aren't you the one trying to wind me up?  Big Grin

You really are getting yourself in a tizzy Billy. Did you read about Sweden today btw, they really are stacking it with their approach by the looks of it.

If I wanted to see my kids I'd find the £1,750. This must be why you are so frustrated, wife and kids back in the UK, you too tight to pay to get home. Can I suggest you have a good wank in that sock you were referring to. What was it... oh yeah, nighty night   Big Grin Big Grin

Apparently cases are on the rise again in Sweden - must be some mistake - I'm sure an expert reassured us it was seasonal
(03-02-2021, 07:42 PM)strawman Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 07:34 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Aren't you the one trying to wind me up?  Big Grin

Apparently cases are on the rise again in Sweden - must be some mistake - I'm sure an expert reassured us it was seasonal

The experts have been very vague on which season though sm
There's a fair bit of study out there that is saying that covid 19, if not seasonal yet, will become seasonal once herd immunity is reached.
I agree with that Rich, I’d imagine that with vaccines and some herd immunity that it will retreat to the normal respiratory season. Problem is we can’t say that yet and will need another 12 months at least to be able to make that judgment.
(03-02-2021, 07:22 PM)woodman Wrote: And for those that think just sticking a swab up the nose twice a week is acceptable when there's absolutely no evidenced benefit just shows how far gone society in this country has gone. A country where the govt can make you do things with absolutely no proven benefits at all.
I  think it is  small price to pay for  saving the lives of vulnerable people
far better than sticking bulshit into your kids brains as you clearly have  been doing since they were born
(03-02-2021, 08:12 PM)richbaggie Wrote: There's a fair bit of study out there that is saying that covid 19, if not seasonal yet, will become seasonal once herd immunity is reached.

There is, and by next winter when enough have been vaccinated - hopefully it will be, but that day is not now