Allardyce and our defence
(02-10-2021, 08:40 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 08:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I reckon we conceded goals because we are playing far better teams than the one we have.

Ok, let's take the same teams that Bilic and Allardyce managed against. 

Fulham, Man City, Sheff Utd, Spurs - 4 goals conceded under Bilic
Fulham, Man City, Sheff Utd, Spurs - 11 goals conceded under Allardyce

Defensively we've become worse. We can all talk about how the players aren't good enough but you can't tell me you watched Fulham first half and think that's a side that's been coached and drilled to the best of their abilities?

And losing 5-0 to a Leeds side with basically the same players who we had two competitive games with the season before?

Ok let’s compare the success at Prem level of the respective managers over a sustained period.
(02-10-2021, 09:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 08:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I reckon we conceded goals because we are playing far better teams than the one we have.

Defensively we've become worse. We can all talk about how the players aren't good enough but you can't tell me you watched Fulham first half and think that's a side that's been coached and drilled to the best of their abilities?

And losing 5-0 to a Leeds side with basically the same players who we had two competitive games with the season before?

Ok let’s compare the success at Prem level of the respective managers over a sustained period.

I couldn’t care less about previous success or records. I care about their success and what they’re delivering at our club.

Slav was bad. Sam is worse.
(02-10-2021, 07:56 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 06:37 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Have a look back at the goals we conceded against Leeds and arsenal and even man City 99% of them were fantastic goals......dont have to hate BFS to see it..... I'm one to get on the players backs and the manager but sometimes you have to admit they were very good goals.

So when we conceded with Slav in charge it’s because he’s a poor manager and when we concede with Sam in charge, its because every goal we’ve conceded is a Worldie? Come on.

Dumbo have a look at the goals they are all to see.
We were miles better under Bilic. Everyone knows it even the ones with pro Big Sam agenda on here. We actually competed with teams like Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea despite being so far behind in quality. The last game under Bilic made all players believe the miracle was possible. Unforgivably the owner who doesn’t understand football thought attack minded Championship players could play under a defensive manager who hasn’t managed in 3 years where selective pressing has become the name of the game and he hasn’t got a clue.
We weren't miles better. We were absolutely dreadful in fact. The only reason we had close matches under Saint Slav was because Sam Johnstone made 4 or 5 world class saves every match. That's not happening now, which means we're conceding more goals.
(02-10-2021, 09:53 PM)Olympic Wrote: We were miles better under Bilic. Everyone knows it even the ones with pro Big Sam agenda on here. We actually competed with teams like Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea despite being so far behind in quality. The last game under Bilic made all players believe the miracle was possible. Unforgivably the owner who doesn’t understand football thought attack minded Championship players could play under a defensive manager who hasn’t managed in 3 years where selective pressing has become the name of the game and he hasn’t got a clue.

Took one point from those matches. There was also the complete no shows against Leicester, Fulham, Southampton and Newcastle and the collapses against Everton and Palace.

Allardyce has been a disaster, but let’s not pretend Bilic didn’t deserve the hoof.
(02-10-2021, 10:01 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 09:53 PM)Olympic Wrote: We were miles better under Bilic. Everyone knows it even the ones with pro Big Sam agenda on here. We actually competed with teams like Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea despite being so far behind in quality. The last game under Bilic made all players believe the miracle was possible. Unforgivably the owner who doesn’t understand football thought attack minded Championship players could play under a defensive manager who hasn’t managed in 3 years where selective pressing has become the name of the game and he hasn’t got a clue.

Took one point from those matches. There was also the complete no shows against Leicester, Fulham, Southampton and Newcastle and the collapses against Everton and Palace.

Allardyce has been a disaster, but let’s not pretend Bilic didn’t deserve the hoof.

We are a bad football team for Premier League standard. The amount of games we’ve competed in was a miracle considering we had Furlong, O’Shea, Ajayi, Bartley and Townsend as part of our defence. Under Big Sam we competed in 1 match. All others we just waited for teams to put us away. Absolutely no enjoyment in it any longer
I just wanted to add that under slav, I felt we were hard done by with some terrible decisions given against us and not given for us.

However under BFS I cant think of a result that we didnt deserve.
(02-10-2021, 09:47 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 07:56 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 06:37 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Have a look back at the goals we conceded against Leeds and arsenal and even man City 99% of them were fantastic goals......dont have to hate BFS to see it..... I'm one to get on the players backs and the manager but sometimes you have to admit they were very good goals.

So when we conceded with Slav in charge it’s because he’s a poor manager and when we concede with Sam in charge, its because every goal we’ve conceded is a Worldie? Come on.

Dumbo have a look at the goals they are all to see.

I’ve seen every single one of them. 

A few decent goals but most caused by our non existent midfield and inept defence.
(02-10-2021, 09:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I know Allardyce is/was a better manager than Bilic, especially for a side trying to establish in this division. I was actually defending him early on when some were getting on his back. You just can't ignore what's been happening on the pitch however and some bizarre decision making by a manager who drops our best player and then admits he still doesn't know what our best formation is. We've gone from a poor side at this level to very poor. 

The reason we appointed Pardew was because of his previous success with Newcastle and Palace but he was a disaster here, same as Allardyce. It's been an awful appointment sadly.