Grosicki wages
Just read a report that as soon as he makes one more appearance in the Prem his wages go from £35k to £40k a week.

Is this a reason why he's not involved in the Prem? I'd understand it if it was a massive jump in wages but £5k seems a bit churlish tbh.

Also on those wages I can't see many takers even if we gave him away!
Disastrous signing get rid. Another 3/4 million wasted.
Was our best player against Blackpool. BY a fair way.

I appreciate that isnt saying a lot....
(01-13-2021, 11:36 AM)Peachy Wrote: Just read a report that as soon as he makes one more appearance in the Prem his wages go from £35k to £40k a week.

Is this a reason why he's not involved in the Prem? I'd understand it if it was a massive jump in wages but £5k seems a bit churlish tbh.

I thought he was going to forest?
(01-13-2021, 11:56 AM)Pipes of Peace Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 11:36 AM)Peachy Wrote: Just read a report that as soon as he makes one more appearance in the Prem his wages go from £35k to £40k a week.

I guess we can no longer also say Leeds, seeing as they are miles ahead of us
(01-13-2021, 11:56 AM)Pipes of Peace Wrote:

Same report said he won't be joining Forest. Didn't say why.

In his 30's, and the thick end of £2M a season to do fuck all? Who wanted him/sanctioned the signing?

Jesus wept.
(01-13-2021, 12:03 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

In his 30's, and the thick end of £2M a season to do fuck all? Who wanted him/sanctioned the signing?

Jesus wept.

Undecided roll eyes
(01-13-2021, 12:03 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Jesus wept.

Given that Bilic didn't seem to want to play him from the word go you'd have to think he was more a Dowling signing.
At the time the signing absolutely made sense... he’d been tearing up the Champ for 2 years with Hull and proven he could play at PL level.

He was available, relatively cheap in terms of fee and we ultimately got promoted with him playing a role.

I’m more frustrated at the short term acquisitions, unimaginative scouting and continual lurching from kids to 30+ players we seem stuck in a cycle of, but that’s far bigger than Slav and Luke these days