Pubs to re-open in May
Much media talk about this potential timeframe today.

Cripes.
Yeah can see that being very true.

Not sure how many will survive until then.
Many, many will close for good. There are far too many pubs anyway,in my opinion. The sad thing is it will be the decent pubs that go fastest leaving us with chain pubs which stink of cheap fried food and are awash with machines and tv sets and serve Eurofizz and a shitty "guest ale" that tastes like hippo's urine.
Many more important things ahead of the queue to get back working for me once we get in a better place !

(01-11-2021, 11:58 AM)col lard Wrote: Many, many will close for good. There are far too many pubs anyway,in my opinion. The sad thing is it will be the decent pubs that go fastest leaving us with chain pubs which stink of cheap fried food and are awash with machines and tv sets and serve Eurofizz and a shitty "guest ale" that tastes like hippo's urine.

That Brexit owner of Spoons man will be pushing his pals in Govt/Vote Leave to open earlier than safe have no doubt ! 
Vile, selfish, disingenuous individual.
(01-11-2021, 11:58 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Many more important things ahead of the queue to get back working for me once we get in a better place !

That's not the only side to be looking at it though EMB.
This is the business and livelihoods of thousands of people in the pubs and the support chain, especially when they are safer environments to be in than your average corner shop.
Just in time to toast our survival.
(01-11-2021, 12:01 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 11:58 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Many more important things ahead of the queue to get back working for me once we get in a better place !

That's not the only side to be looking at it though EMB.
This is the business and livelihoods of thousands of people in the pubs and the support chain, especially when they are safer environments to be in than your average corner shop.

No real science around that claim and, at the moment, ant areas where people have any sustained contact are seeding for this wretched disease.
Other areas such as the travel industry and aerospace have been devastated and will take years to recover. Even if demand surges there is a more smaller capacity (eg planes, ships, coaches etc) to go round now. Capacity cannot just be turned as, for instance, many large aircraft and cruise liners have been scrapped years earlier than anticipated and skilled workforce’s let go.
Tough days ahead for so many sectors even when we are mainly over this.
(01-11-2021, 12:01 PM)Duffers Wrote: Just in time to toast our survival.

Cheers to that.
(01-11-2021, 12:01 PM)Duffers Wrote: Just in time to toast our survival.

Our species, or just the football team?
Real ale pubs stink......i don't miss those if I'm honest.