Choudhary
(01-10-2021, 10:07 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 09:33 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 08:09 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 08:00 PM)Loanee Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 05:46 PM)clem4england Wrote: Would be delighted with that. Fingers crossed. Shut the door on the way out Romaine.

Really respectful to a local lad who joined us as a kid then was delighted to return to help us to promotion.

Might not be good enough at this level but loves the club

If he really loved the club he would be busting a gut for us...... sadly he isn’t.

Hmmmm.

He's also not good enough. At this level of football it's too easy, convenient and cliched to call a player lazy and uninterested etc ext when he's simply not good enough. Sawywrs, like many of ours, lacks talent to play at this level.
I can see that he's not good enough. Shame cos his signing seemed to be the missing link getting us from 4th to 2nd in the championship. It's a whole year ago, so some may not remember...
I'd hoped he, like a few others, could step up. The fact that they couldn't is no reason to slag off players who do their best for the club. Jake for instance. The speed of the PL has caught these players out, not attitude.

We were relegated 3 years ago as not good enough then and every Prem team has spent a fortune in the meantime so the gap is massive.  Only really 4 teams in the mix for relegation this season so going to be a real challenge and that's an understatement. 

The other thing is our three rivals all won this weekend which may be a confidence boost or a hindrance.  Surely a boost for Sheff U as it's their first win of the season.

(01-10-2021, 10:59 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:07 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 09:33 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 08:09 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 08:00 PM)Loanee Wrote: Really respectful to a local lad who joined us as a kid then was delighted to return to help us to promotion.

Might not be good enough at this level but loves the club

If he really loved the club he would be busting a gut for us...... sadly he isn’t.

Hmmmm.

He's also not good enough. At this level of football it's too easy, convenient and cliched to call a player lazy and uninterested etc ext when he's simply not good enough. Sawywrs, like many of ours, lacks talent to play at this level.
I can see that he's not good enough. Shame cos his signing seemed to be the missing link getting us from 4th to 2nd in the championship. It's a whole year ago, so some may not remember...
I'd hoped he, like a few others, could step up. The fact that they couldn't is no reason to slag off players who do their best for the club. Jake for instance. The speed of the PL has caught these players out, not attitude.

Indeed.

They're not good enough in terms of ability. That's what I've said. Others have blamed management. The likes of Sawyers, Diangana and Pereiera are not good enough. Crap like Grant is another story as he was brought to compete at this level and he is completely inadequate. The likes of Livermore should have been offloaded.

Easy to say but really quite simple.

Aha, the three Musketeeers have become 4!  Sounds like a book. 

Ban him Birdy!   Big Grin
I think it's very easy to write off our players as not being good enough for the premiership.

It doesn't entirely square with how well we did in the first half of last season. Gaining over 50 points in half a season is some achievement and if replicated over a whole season would suggest a side who could at least compete at premiership level.

I was expecting us to kick on in the second half of the season , but instead we fell away, why? If we knew the answer to that we might be able to put things right.

But in that first half season players like Ferguson, Perreria, Livermore and Sawyers were consistently very good, suggesting a bed rock of players capable of playing at premiership level, but that sadly hasn't happened.
(01-11-2021, 08:34 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I think it's very easy to write off our players as not being good enough for the premiership.

It doesn't entirely square with how well we did in the first half of last season. Gaining over 50 points in half a season is some achievement and if replicated over a whole season would suggest a side who could at least compete at premiership level.

I was expecting us to kick on in the second half of the season , but instead we fell away, why? If we knew the answer to that we might be able to put things right.

But in that first half season players like Ferguson, Perreria, Livermore and Sawyers were consistently very good, suggesting a bed rock of players capable of playing at premiership level, but that sadly hasn't happened.

The gulf between the two divisions is greater than ever and any team coming up has to be in a position to strengthen massively to stand any chance, no matter how well they did in the Championship.   Yes, Sheffield United did very well last season with a very good coach and a system that worked, but they’ve been worked out.
The current squad squad isn’t good enough, it wasn’t good enough at the start of the season or during the season. We shall see if the players we hopefully bring in will bridge the gulf in class. I have my doubts but this is why I cannot see the point in some incoherently typing expletive after expletive at players and management.

It’s akin to someone in a Mini Metro shouting ‘fucking go faster’ in a race with a Lamborghini
(01-11-2021, 09:32 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 08:34 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I think it's very easy to write off our players as not being good enough for the premiership.

The gulf between the two divisions is greater than ever and any team coming up has to be in a position to strengthen massively to stand any chance, no matter how well they did in the Championship.   Yes, Sheffield United did very well last season with a very good coach and a system that worked, but they’ve been worked out.

Statistically they also aren't doing the same as last season. They believed their own hype, starting back at lockdown to be honest, and Wilder doesn't seem able to arrest the slide.
The gulf between premiership and championship standard is huge.
However if you can get over 100 points at championship level it's usually an indication that you should be ok at the higher level.
I think that this time last year we were in a position to build on a fantastic first half to the season and we blew it.
(01-11-2021, 09:41 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The current squad squad isn’t good enough, it wasn’t good enough at the start of the season or during the season. We shall see if the players we hopefully bring in will bridge the gulf in class. I have my doubts but this is why I cannot see the point in some incoherently typing expletive after expletive at players and management.

It’s akin to someone in a Mini Metro shouting ‘fucking go faster’ in a race with a Lamborghini

Not a great analogy. Any team can be organise, and coached to at least compete against Prem teams better than we have been. That's my complaint, I expected relegation but hoped that we'd be very fit, very organised and willing to bust a gut to try to stay up, not one of those three things has been true.
(01-11-2021, 09:41 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The current squad squad isn’t good enough, it wasn’t good enough at the start of the season or during the season. We shall see if the players we hopefully bring in will bridge the gulf in class. I have my doubts but this is why I cannot see the point in some incoherently typing expletive after expletive at players and management.

You're right.
Fans are either depressed, like me. Or ANGRY. The latter SHOUT a lot... but more HEAT than light.
(01-11-2021, 09:53 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Not a great analogy. Any team can be organise, and coached to at least compete against Prem teams better than we have been. That's my complaint, I expected relegation but hoped that we'd be very fit, very organised and willing to bust a gut to try to stay up, not one of those three things has been true.

Spot on.

We may have one of if not the weakest squad in the league in terms of personnel, but that doesn't mean we're not good enough to stay up.
Seeing as this has become the"what's gone wrong?" thread, can anyone explain to me why 3 of the worst performances in recent memory have come in the last 4 matches?