Brexit deal sorted
Good to finally get some positive news.
Is it positive.

Wait until we can judge this deal against the current arrangement rather than the dreadful no deal scenario.
Seems the EU have conceded far more than we have and there will be quite a few remainacs denying they have made themselves look stupid over the last few years.
Of course the devil is in the detail so I'll wait for those renowned experts Boring, Derek and Chamonix to tell us why we are all wrong.
(12-24-2020, 03:14 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Is it positive.

Wait until we can judge this deal against the current arrangement rather than the dreadful no deal scenario.

It looks a very good deal to me. Best of both worlds. Out of the EU. But maintaining strong, tariff free trade with Europe.
It's potentially a big juicy xmas present for us all Smile
Despite all of the obvious benefits that were missing out on, yeah it's a great success.
(12-24-2020, 05:45 PM)Sotv Wrote: Seems the EU have conceded far more than we have and there will be quite a few remainacs denying they have made themselves look stupid over the last few years.
Of course the devil is in the detail so I'll wait for those renowned experts Boring, Derek and Chamonix to tell us why we are all wrong.

You've gone through all 2,000 pages then? You're a quick reader.

Just waiting on your typical strawman response to this as a deflection.
(12-24-2020, 06:55 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Despite all of the obvious benefits that were missing out on, yeah it's a great success.

Waaaah. Yea let's not forget the benefits we will also accrue. Not that those who have made arrogance, disdain and sneering their stock in trade for the last 4 years to be able to admit that they were wrong about us never getting a decent deal
By all reports I've seen Britain has conceded more than the EU so I'm not sure where the opposite view is coming from but happy for any links to be provided. Given the fact that the document hasn't been released yet though its all speculation.

Bilateral free trade is obviously better than No Deal though nothing more than we already had....Still horribly sad to see the end of free movement and schemes like Erasmus. Thats hundreds of British jobs in the travel industry gone and the end of a way of life for many. As far as I'm concerned in all tangible ways Britain is still worse off than as a member of the EU and has spent far more money over the past 4 years dealing with the shitshow than we might save paying our subs.

I'm perfectly happy with who's been making themselves look stupid...
(12-24-2020, 06:59 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 05:45 PM)Sotv Wrote: Seems the EU have conceded far more than we have and there will be quite a few remainacs denying they have made themselves look stupid over the last few years.

You've gone through all 2,000 pages then? You're a quick reader.

Just waiting on your typical strawman response to this as a deflection.
Can you point to any other examples of a straw man response of mine or are you employing a straw man argument yourself there? 
Not sure how good you are at reading but seeing as I qualified my remarks with the devil is in the detail, it would appear you may have issues with it. 
Oh hold on,I never claimed to have read 2000 pages of the agreement, could you please provide a definition of what a straw man argument is please, I'm just a thick brexiteer after all...