UK Covid death toll
(12-09-2020, 05:23 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 04:08 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The two that had the reaction carried epi pens with them at all times, that's the level that they'll be talking about but it will get exaggerated to anyone who has anything wrong with them by the tin foil brigade. It's good that it's been caught early and there is a plan to solve, and the ones that are affected will need to see how they react to the next vaccine that makes it through MHRA.

Look on the bright side, they've been told to stop drinking for 21 days after they've had the vaccine in Russia.

Yes - I know that but it is still a concern.

I had glandular fever a few years back. Just prior to getting it I had a tooth infection and the dentist gave me amoxicillin. As a consequence I came out in the rash from hell. I don't mean a little rash - I mean the whole of my body was absolutely plastered and my fingers, toes and ears all became badly swollen. It itched like hell as well - I couldn't sleep with it at all for about 3 days. 

Apparently it is something that happens if you take amoxicillin whilst having glandular fever. After that I am no longer able to take penicillin even though I have taken it many times prior to that incident.

There's not a drug on earth that won't provoke some side effect in certain people. The flu jab often can't be given to people with egg allergies and people get side effects from even simple pain killers.

Unfortunate for the 2 out of thousands who appear to have a serious allergy problem anyway having to carry epipens all the time, but you can't test every possible combination during trials

There will be further side effects detected during the inoculation programme, hopefully nothing too serious.
It begs the question why epipen carrying NHS workers being administered vaccines by other NHS workers didn't think there may be an issue prior to vaccinating.
It's a good question, you'd have thought they'd have said 'I get allergic reactions, do you think this will be ok'
What is truly baffling is people who buy dodgy drugs from scummy dealers and yet are sceptical of taking a vaccine. Welcome to 2020!
(12-09-2020, 06:17 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: What is truly baffling is people who buy dodgy drugs from scummy dealers and yet are sceptical of taking a vaccine. Welcome to 2020!

Yes that is baffling. But I doubt many of the large number of people with ‘some’ scepticism are injecting dodgy drugs from scummy dealers.
(12-09-2020, 06:17 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: What is truly baffling is people who buy dodgy drugs from scummy dealers and yet are sceptical of taking a vaccine. Welcome to 2020!

No different to people who are keen to get the vaccine eating crap, doing no exercise and getting more obese by the day.
(12-09-2020, 06:37 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Yes that is baffling. But I doubt many of the large number of people with ‘some’ scepticism are injecting dodgy drugs from scummy dealers.

I think underestimate the amount of people who take recreational drugs made by people who really couldn’t give a flying feck about someone’s safety.

(12-09-2020, 06:55 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:

No different to people who are keen to get the vaccine eating crap, doing no exercise and getting more obese by the day.

Not really the same point. Those happy to take recreational drugs who are against taking a vaccine are truly world beating in the hypocrisy they display.
(12-09-2020, 06:57 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I think underestimate the amount of people who take recreational drugs made by people who really couldn’t give a flying feck about someone’s safety.

I'm sure there's plenty of these people, but there's also a shed load of people who don't (probably more if I had to guess), and still have some concerns on the safety of the vaccine. The hypocrisy of one group isn't really relevant to whether a significant proportion of the population have some reasonable concerns about the vaccine. I agree with you regarding the one group, as the dealers certainly don't care about public safety. But there's many many people who don't use dealers who are concerned about the vaccine (and many of these have had vaccines before and aren't anti-vaxers as such).

(12-09-2020, 06:55 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:

Not really the same point. Those happy to take recreational drugs who are against taking a vaccine are truly world beating in the hypocrisy they display.

Course it's the same point. Looking to a vaccine to keep them safe whilst living a lifestyle detrimental to their long term health.
(12-09-2020, 07:01 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

I'm sure there's plenty of these people, but there's also a shed load of people who don't (probably more if I had to guess), who still have some concerns on the safety of the vaccine.

I’m sure there are people with concerns but I’m sure there were those against the Polio, Small Pox vaccines etc as well. I get the impression some would go to the Wise Woman and slap a leach on their cock to cure a headache before they would agree to be vaccinated.