Slav ?
(12-06-2020, 02:29 PM)Madness Wrote: I would get rid now.

You’ve a very apt username then!

This thread is like a football phone in where fans with goldfish style memories call for the sack because of a bad day and all reasonable fans wince as Wayne from Oldbury bleats away and then offers no good alternatives. 

Ridiculously harsh decision that sending off. Our best player too. If the heads dropped in the 2nd half I’m not one bit surprised.
Some of you are clearly dazzled by Slav's charm in contrast to our actual performances and results.

He's played you all liked fiddles, whinging to the press all summer long about the lack of money despite getting nearly all the players he asked for. Then bleating about the board selling a player he didn't even rate. In the positions he bleated about the most (goal, left-back) the current incumbents have stepped up well and have been far from our greatest issue.

He made completely the wrong sub at half time, leaving Grant on so it was like playing with 9 men, instead of switching Grant for Robinson, but worse than that was the mental collapse of the team. We have no fight, no mental strength. That's on Slav. Yes, he's great in interviews and yes, he looks good on the touchline, but that's not enough.

Slav and the board don't like each other, so he's not getting a contract extension either.

I hope Dowling is on the phone to Nigel Pearson asap. Meanwhile, Appleton has got Lincoln to within two points of the top of League One on a budget of pennies. He'll do for next season in the Champ.
(12-06-2020, 01:55 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: I'd still stick with him for now. We're not doing to be able to appoint anyone any better.

Without the sending off, it would have been a very different scoreline, it would be very harsh to sack him in these circumstances.

1-2 or 2-3 I reckon. And we would still have been questioning whether Bilic is up to the job.
(12-06-2020, 03:48 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:29 PM)Madness Wrote: I would get rid now.

You’ve a very apt username then!

This thread is like a football phone in where fans with goldfish style memories call for the sack because of a bad day and all reasonable fans wince as Wayne from Oldbury bleats away and then offers no good alternatives. 

Ridiculously harsh decision that sending off. Our best player too. If the heads dropped in the 2nd half I’m not one bit surprised.

While I agree with a lot of that and Im not sure theres anybody out there better we can't ignore Slavs record since Xmas .
(12-06-2020, 04:01 PM)Squid Wrote: Some of you are clearly dazzled by Slav's charm in contrast to our actual performances and results.

He's played you all liked fiddles, whinging to the press all summer long about the lack of money despite getting nearly all the players he asked for. Then bleating about the board selling a player he didn't even rate. In the positions he bleated about the most (goal, left-back) the current incumbents have stepped up well and have been far from our greatest issue.

He made completely the wrong sub at half time, leaving Grant on so it was like playing with 9 men, instead of switching Grant for Robinson, but worse than that was the mental collapse of the team. We have no fight, no mental strength. That's on Slav. Yes, he's great in interviews and yes, he looks good on the touchline, but that's not enough.

Slav and the board don't like each other, so he's not getting a contract extension either.

I hope Dowling is on the phone to Nigel Pearson asap. Meanwhile, Appleton has got Lincoln to within two points of the top of League One on a budget of pennies. He'll do for next season in the Champ.

We are mentally weak as a team their heads drop far to easily and quickly just because we're down to 10 men dosnt mean we can't put up a fight our we loose our ability to defend properly.
We have been carp since Christmas last year, sugar coating shit doesn’t make it any better to eat.
(12-06-2020, 04:08 PM)Noibla Wrote: We have been carp since Christmas last year, sugar coating shit doesn’t make it any better to eat.

Absolutely spot on with this.
(12-06-2020, 04:08 PM)Noibla Wrote: We have been carp since Christmas last year, sugar coating shit doesn’t make it any better to eat.

Yea, we have been crap for a year.

How many managers get that long ?
That's the issue with Slav. If we ended last season strong then I'd say we wouldn't be having this debate as we are aware we're one of the weakest teams in the league. But our form at the end of last season was really poor. Could someone else get more from this squad? I'm not sure right now.
bilics biggest problem is that he keeps on playing sawyers and bartley, the back 3 would look so much better with oshea or maybe put furlong in the back 3 aswell