Slav ?
(12-06-2020, 01:43 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Is this the game Albion press the panic button ?

Undecided mainly due to lack of decent candidates to come in.
But letting in 5 at home to mediocre Palace along with just one win in living memory doesn’t look great does it ?
Difficult one as I like Slav and still feel like the players do too, but even when we were going well we’ve always seemed a bit too open, a bit loose tactically and have given away really soft goals. He’s never really been able to settle on a defined structure or way of playing, and in probably the last 9 or 10 months in truth we’ve looked very in and out.

That said I don’t see that anyone coming in would keep us up, so it won’t make a big difference. I’d be inclined to stick with him, but equally he won’t stay next year regardless so either way we’ll be making a change at some point. Can see why the club might see if it does something.
(12-06-2020, 01:58 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Look at Farke at Norwich. Be realistic and stick with him.
The referee was totally to blame today. This is a hard division with 11 v 11.

Not totally to blame...no excuse for giving up second half.
Two questions;

Is there anyone available who we think will give us a better chance of surviving?

Will Slav be here if we go down?

In the short term I don’t think there’s anyone available who’ll give us a better chance of surviving this season, and the cost of paying off Slav + another coaching team salary will eat into what little funds may be available to add someone who will have an impact next season in January.

I think Slav will be gone come summer regardless, but now feels too early to bring someone in with one eye on next year... losing say 20 odd games and then having to rebuild isn’t the best prep no matter how simple it looks on paper to say they’d get 30 games as a free hit.
Stick with him.
Not for me.

I’d give him the season.

The possible replacements are awful.
(12-06-2020, 02:04 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Why on earth would we sack him, we will get relegated, if nothing else, VAR and the refs will make sure of that and when we do, we need Bilic for the promotion charge again.

He won't be here next season anyhow if we go down
(12-06-2020, 02:04 PM)Sliced Wrote: No way, it's not his fault that Pereira fucked up. The result is very different with 10 men.

But collapsing to concede 5 as we did vs Eveton?
I would get rid now.
I like him but am i being blinded by var and Bilic's charm when the evidence is in front of me ?