Tier 3 for Brum and Wolvo
(11-26-2020, 12:12 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 12:11 PM)Rustynail Wrote: How the **** is London only Tier 2 ... oh yes thats where all the politicians are   Angry

Liverpool also T2

Rural Warwickshire T3. Strange 
Luckily I'm T2 ai a pub visit (with meal) on the cards next week

(11-26-2020, 11:55 AM)Dumbo Wrote: London is tier 2

Anything north of Brum tier 3.......shock!

Liverpool in T2
Rural Kent in T3

Liverpool were in lockdown before the national lockdown so they had no choice otherwise the entire City would have been chaos.

(11-26-2020, 12:42 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Stay away from the Clent Hills you filthy Brummies.

Clent Hills lol.

You’re basically Halesowen you pumper.
Lockdown replaced by lockdown for another minimum of 2 weeks. Complete joke. I mean how many weeks of lockdown should we have before a) we realise they don't work and b) the measure we use to determine their use is utter hogwash.

Blood on their hands.
(11-26-2020, 12:42 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Stay away from the Clent Hills you filthy Brummies.

Bored Christmas do in the Fountain this year then lads  Big Grin
So Dudley moved into tier 2 five days before national lockdown but will now leave national lockdown in tier 3.

If I understand this correctly whilst under the national restrictions the situation has got worse and now the Govt are going to ease back on those restrictions and reopen shops and resume amateur sports etc. Then 3 weeks later they will allow people to get together for Christmas. What could possibly go wrong?
(11-26-2020, 12:33 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 12:33 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 12:12 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 12:11 PM)Rustynail Wrote: How the **** is London only Tier 2 ... oh yes thats where all the politicians are   Angry

Liverpool also T2

Rural Warwickshire T3. Strange 
Luckily I'm T2 ai a pub visit (with meal) on the cards next week

Warwickshire, Solihull and Coventry are being treated as a single local area, personally think it's stupid that my small town with a population of 20,000 in South Warks is being lumped in with Shirley, Solihull and Castle Bromwich. Don't think I need to explain why.

It comes from Warks being such a big area BB I reckon, a lot from round here used Lapworth and Warwick for nights out because nothing was open round Solihull. They might have seen that and thought they need to crack down on it and everyone down to Shipston suffers. Can't you just pop across to Moreton and spoil it for them?

It's a population of over 1 million over a massive area though, mostly rural. There's a huge bit of countryside between Coventry and Solihull and it's not like the same can't happen regarding popping over to a lower tier area with Worcestershire, Shropshire and Herefordshire, hell there's a direct train from Solihull to Banbury and Oxford.

It just seems arbitrary.
(11-26-2020, 01:12 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

It's a population of over 1 million over a massive area though, mostly rural. There's a huge bit of countryside between Coventry and Solihull and it's not like the same can't happen regarding popping over to a lower tier area with Worcestershire, Shropshire and Herefordshire, hell there's a direct train from Solihull to Banbury and Oxford.

It just seems arbitrary.

It is arbitrary, but I suppose it has to be, particularly around the margins.

In 10 minutes, on foot, I can be out of Dudley MB and into Staffordshire. In the same amount of time again I'd be leaving Staffordshire - having passed a handful of dwellings - and into Wyre Forest (where I could walk for hours and pass none at all). Some of these places around the periphery have just been scooped up on the basis of nominal boundaries - some of those halfway across a field.

Protheroe won't be quite so bumptious when we start charging incomers for use of The Junction car park.
(11-26-2020, 01:06 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: So Dudley moved into tier 2 five days before national lockdown but will now leave national lockdown in tier 3.

If I understand this correctly whilst under the national restrictions the situation has got worse and now the Govt are going to ease back on those restrictions and reopen shops and resume amateur sports etc. Then 3 weeks later they will allow people to get together for Christmas. What could possibly go wrong?

There is a lag, the damage was done in Dudley prior to this lockdown. Partly due to being the only borough in the lower tier of restrictions so we had lots of infected visitors and a general sense of complacency among residents as they thought they'd escaped the worst of it. Even as a resident, Dudley is quite rightly in the highest tier. It makes no sense to split up the Black Country boroughs and Birmingham again.
(11-26-2020, 01:51 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:06 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: So Dudley moved into tier 2 five days before national lockdown but will now leave national lockdown in tier 3.

There is a lag, the damage was done in Dudley prior to this lockdown. Partly due to being the only borough in the lower tier of restrictions so we had lots of infected visitors and a general sense of complacency among residents as they thought they'd escaped the worst of it. Even as a resident, Dudley is quite rightly in the highest tier. It makes no sense to split up the Black Country boroughs and Birmingham again.

Yes, for a good few weeks it made no sense to us that Dudley had escaped the restrictions imposed on other boroughs with whom it shared boundaries.
Was hoping Wolverhampton would get away with it but I’m hoping to have moved out soon. I think that when we are promoted to Tier 1 there should be a Cheeky Monkeys reunion (although as pathogens go, that’s probably more appropriate for AIDS rather than COVID).
(11-26-2020, 01:53 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 01:51 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:

Yes, for a good few weeks it made no sense to us that Dudley had escaped the restrictions imposed on other boroughs with whom it shared boundaries.

Don't know about yourself but from a personal perspective I felt as though we'd avoided the worst of it until about a month ago, it was only then was I hearing from friends and neighbours that they'd got it. 

You'd not think we were 5th worst in the country if you'd have seen Mary Stevens Park last weekend.