Summer Transfer Window Thread
(10-20-2020, 03:42 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: [Image: 20201008-091826.jpg]

Hahahaha!  Big Grin

Brilliant!
Just was thinking who will be available in January I know the bloke gets alot of stick but I wonder if we coukd get Phil Jones on loan from man United.

Put tin hat on
(11-07-2020, 10:45 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Just was thinking who will be available in January I know the bloke gets alot of stick but I wonder if we coukd get Phil Jones on loan from man United.

Put tin hat on

Too expensive.

We'll probably be down by then.

Other than that I think he's a yard dog so it's a no from me.
(11-07-2020, 10:45 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Just was thinking who will be available in January I know the bloke gets alot of stick but I wonder if we coukd get Phil Jones on loan from man United.

Put tin hat on

Not the worst shout. United want him out and like Evans and Smalling he might thrive away the glare of OT.
(11-08-2020, 07:22 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Put tin hat on

Not the worst shout. United want him out and like Evans and Smalling he might thrive away the glare of OT.

The only issue with that is that Smalling and Evans were decent players who just needed a new start and to feel valued... Phil Jones is however utter garbage
Phil Jones is one.of the worst defenders in the league ever. Had potential but actually gone backwards. I'm not sure he'd improve Plymouth Argyle nowadays.
(11-08-2020, 11:20 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Phil Jones is one.of the worst defenders in the league ever. Had potential but actually gone backwards. I'm not sure he'd improve Plymouth Argyle nowadays.
I used to watch him for Blackburn as a teenager (him, not me!)
He was sensational, especially in midfield.
I haven't seen anything of him recently (apart from snippets on motd), so it's hard to know, and I know he's had injuries.
I'd love him here. But we can't afford him.
(11-08-2020, 03:47 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 11:20 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Phil Jones is one.of the worst defenders in the league ever. Had potential but actually gone backwards. I'm not sure he'd improve Plymouth Argyle nowadays.
I used to watch him for Blackburn as a teenager (him, not me!)
He was sensational, especially in midfield.
I haven't seen anything of him recently (apart from snippets on motd), so it's hard to know, and I know he's had injuries.
I'd love him here. But we can't afford him.

Nowadays he's just awful.

Honestly he's finished as a player, how he jeeps getting contract renewals at Man Utd is beyond me.
(10-20-2020, 03:42 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: [Image: 20201008-091826.jpg]

Lai on Sunday having got the takeaways in.
He looks like Yoda

Strangely similar in the way he talks too: "Spend money me on that club, chances are none"