Pumpkins
Are any of you going to cook pumpkins this year? If so, what are you going to cook?

I’m planning on cooking a few different soups;
Goulash style
Indian
Thai

I think I may make a pumpkin Indian curry also.

I will buy a few and store them in the garage until ready I’m ready to cook. 

Have you any plans for them this year?

I suspect with Halloween being a no go this year, there will be loads in sale at ridiculously cheap prices come November
(10-22-2020, 09:00 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Are any of you going to cook pumpkins this year? If so, what are you going to cook?

Goulash style
Indian
Thai

I suspect with Halloween being a no go this year, there will be loads in sale at ridiculously cheap prices come November

No.  Next.
(10-22-2020, 09:00 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Are any of you going to cook pumpkins this year?.............

I hadn't planned to no.
They are a very healthy vegetable to eat

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/pum...ITLE_HDR_6

And remember the basic rule of thumb......vegetables that grow above ground are healthier than those grown below ground.
So given they're so healthy do you cook pumpkins at any other time of the year?

Spanish pumpkins are available throughout the year.
Do you measure the circumference of them using pie?
(10-22-2020, 09:19 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: So given they're so healthy do you cook pumpkins at any other time of the year?

No where near the same cost though.  Also are selling large pumpkins for £1.49 at the moment.  And come 1st Nov many places will reduce them to 10p or even free!!!!

I’m currently out o a countryside walk and will soon be having my home made tomato soup.

I’m starting to sound like Nigel Slater (not in a feminine way) Big Grin
(10-22-2020, 09:31 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 09:19 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: So given they're so healthy do you cook pumpkins at any other time of the year?

No where near the same cost though.  Also are selling large pumpkins for £1.49 at the moment.  And come 1st Nov many places will reduce them to 10p or even free!!!!

I’m currently out o a countryside walk and will soon be having my home made tomato soup.

I’m starting to sound like Nigel Slater (not in a feminine way) Big Grin

Starting to?
(10-22-2020, 09:00 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Are any of you going to cook pumpkins this year? If so, what are you going to cook?

Goulash style
Indian
Thai

Do you deliver?
I have a plan, to avoid the tasteless fuckers like the plague.