UK Covid death toll
(10-13-2020, 11:49 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 11:48 AM)The liquidator Wrote: It's because you don't agree with anything the tories do that's your problem....... I'm not happy how they have handled it but I'm pretty sure they would have handled it better than labour........ And that's a low common denominator. Politics is at a all time low

Based on what?
Peston asked him 1 question what policy do you have he admitted he has no policies....   That's your Labour leader for you look it up on you tube
(10-13-2020, 11:59 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 11:48 AM)The liquidator Wrote: It's because you don't agree with anything the tories do that's your problem....... I'm not happy how they have handled it but I'm pretty sure they would have handled it better than labour........ And that's a low common denominator. Politics is at a all time low

Based on what?
Peston asked him 1 question what policy do you have he admitted he has no policies....   That's your Labour leader for you look it up on you tube

If you're referring to the interview where the context was the future direction of the Labour party, this has nothing to do with the Coronavirus crisis. Seeing as we're just under 4 years away from the next general election having national policies, especially during a time where we don't know the extent of the economic damage, would be daft. All you have is wishes not wants and unless you have a practical understanding of how the landscape is shaped you can't turn those wishes into wants.

Boris Johnson doesn't have any economic policies either, if you didn't notice, and he's Prime Minister. The fact that we've had no budget is testament to that, the reason is that the focus is on dealing with the current crisis and no the future direction of the country.

Based on what?

I love the way you let yourself look an idiot - watch the whole interview and not just an edited clip on youtube. Honestly Liq, this has to be the best wind up ever, pack it in now, you've got us, well done. It is honestly brilliant.

The Peston interview was straight forward - there's little point in policies when you are 4 years away from power, talk about an exercise is contemplating your own importance. The Labour party manifesto sets out the pledges - here you go: https://keirstarmer.com/plans/10-pledges/

Starmer has supported Johnson for the good of the country where possible but now it is virtually impossible to support this government. They will support the bill today because the alternative that the tories are offering is, well, nothing.

You keep supporting blindly and getting fooled by youtube posts, one day you will realise what a mistake you have made. You won't admit it though, that's the problem.

Hope you are feeling more upbeat though btw, I saw your post the other day about feeling down and didn't get round to commenting.
I watched it on the news not on YouTube so he has no polices 4 years to the next election good grief.
What do you think policies are btw?
(10-13-2020, 12:12 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Based on what?

I love the way you let yourself look an idiot - watch the whole interview and not just an edited clip on youtube. Honestly Liq, this has to be the best wind up ever, pack it in now, you've got us, well done. It is honestly brilliant.

The Peston interview was straight forward - there's little point in policies when you are 4 years away from power, talk about an exercise is contemplating your own importance. The Labour party manifesto sets out the pledges - here you go: https://keirstarmer.com/plans/10-pledges/

Starmer has supported Johnson for the good of the country where possible but now it is virtually impossible to support this government. They will support the bill today because the alternative that the tories are offering is, well, nothing.

You keep supporting blindly and getting fooled by youtube posts, one day you will realise what a mistake you have made. You won't admit it though, that's the problem.

Hope you are feeling more upbeat though btw, I saw your post the other day about feeling down and didn't get round to commenting.

I'm more worried for the wife if I'm honest she is the same as me really never let politicians worry me but the constant doom and gloom with no light at the end of the tunnel is getting to her and with her working from home as well she is missing the day to day of work life......thanks for asking much appreciated even though you called me a idoit  Big Grin 

That's why if I get a chance at Xmas I want to get away from the daily shit storm we are all in......
I listened to Charles Walker on Radio 4 yesterday and he pretty much sums up where I'm at (and where I've been since March)

"We just can’t save every life, because the cost to the living is too high.”

“The pandemic is not rampant, this is an illness that very sadly really afflicts the elderly and those with underlying health conditions."

“Our focus should be on protecting them, not limiting the life chances of young people and people of middle age who are responsible for running and owning businesses.”

“First world public services do require a first world economy"

“It does seem the government, for the best of reasons, but mistaken reasons, is trying to abolish death. You can’t abolish death. The fact is people in their 80s and 90s die.”

"The only guarantee anyone has when they're born is that at some stage in your 80s or 90s you are going to die”.

“My real concern is these decisions are mostly being made by the middle aged and well-heeled, paid out of the public purse, so they’re not really going to bear the consequences off these decisions.”

Many of you know I lost both my parents to late diagnosed cancer. Cancer Research today spells out that 3 million people have missed out on cancer screening tests since March due to our preoccuptaions with Covid. It makes me want to scream
(10-13-2020, 12:32 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I'm more worried for the wife if I'm honest she is the same as me really never let politicians worry me but the constant doom and gloom with no light at the end of the tunnel is getting to her and with her working from home as well she is missing the day to day of work life......thanks for asking much appreciated even though you called me a idoit  Big Grin 

That's why if I get a chance at Xmas I want to get away from the daily shit storm we are all in......

I only call you an idiot because of politics  Big Grin but I do care honest  Heart

Don't blame you for wanting to get away - I'm looking at the same for me and the missus. Can't wait for this shitstorm to be over the same. Keep your chin up and same for the wife
You too mate my mate has just come back from the Bahamas pretty reasonable prices as well 4 star all inclusive £1200 each for 2 weeks if its still open and not on the list I'm really considering going proberly come back skint but fuck it.
(10-13-2020, 12:34 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I listened to Charles Walker on Radio 4 yesterday and he pretty much sums up where I'm at (and where I've been since March)

"We just can’t save every life, because the cost to the living is too high.”

“The pandemic is not rampant, this is an illness that very sadly really afflicts the elderly and those with underlying health conditions."

“Our focus should be on protecting them, not limiting the life chances of young people and people of middle age who are responsible for running and owning businesses.”

“First world public services do require a first world economy"

“It does seem the government, for the best of reasons, but mistaken reasons, is trying to abolish death. You can’t abolish death. The fact is people in their 80s and 90s die.”

"The only guarantee anyone has when they're born is that at some stage in your 80s or 90s you are going to die”.

“My real concern is these decisions are mostly being made by the middle aged and well-heeled, paid out of the public purse, so they’re not really going to bear the consequences off these decisions.”

Many of you know I lost both my parents to late diagnosed cancer. Cancer Research today spells out that 3 million people have missed out on cancer screening tests since March due to our preoccuptaions with Covid. It makes me want to scream

Agree generally on the current situation Proth, but not as it was in March - we needed to lock down then because we had no clue what we were dealing with and where the virus was hitting us hardest. At that point there wasn't anywhere near enough info to understand what we know now, especially around the age group of the most affected.

Roll forward to today - deaths aren't rising as much as they were (the next two weeks will tell a better story but I've been saying that for a long time now). It was completely foreseeable that students getting together would cause a problem and they should have done much more to contain it. It's broken record time but test and trace is a huge mistake and yet it has just been brushed over by the cabinet - there should have been at least one resignation or sacking but nothing. 

We're over 6 months into this and are still changing the rules on a weekly basis - that itself shows how little control this mob have got over it.

(10-13-2020, 12:46 PM)The liquidator Wrote: You too mate my mate has just come back from the Bahamas pretty reasonable prices as well 4 star all inclusive £1200 each for 2 weeks if its still open and not on the list I'm really considering going proberly come back skint but fuck it.

Do it - probably a bit wet and windy at the moment but come March it is glorious.