Summer Transfer Window Thread
(10-05-2020, 09:30 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 09:13 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:49 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:46 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:40 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Why?

Because we will sign at least one player. 
On other matters Berahino signed on loan for.     [font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Sporting de Charleroi In France just a bit of  useless information.[/font]

One player is not enough. And we’ve dramatically smaller pool to fish in now. And let’s not forget Championship clubs will now hold all the power.

And this is exactly why today is such a massive disappointment. It's not about whether we expected other targets or whether we have another 2 weeks to sign these players. We've lost any negotiating power, if any other PL clubs need strikers then there's potential for bidding wars and if we fail on our main targets then we'll have to look at lower quality replacements from a limited selection of players.

Whoever we wanted to sign should have been in before today's deadline.

Two points
1 - we need at least a right back and a striker, and as i understand our options now are only EFL players . And even if we can source players of sufficient quality to fill our requirements, we will need to pay a transfer fee, something we don't seem capable of doing.

2 - What is going to happen in the next 11 days that makes deals possible, that haven't been possible so far.

Absolutely nothing. We've misjudged this massively
Saints sign Diallo and Walcott.

Leeds announce Raphinha.

Fulham close to double signing.

<weeps>
(10-05-2020, 09:32 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Saints sign Diallo and Walcott.

Leeds announce Raphinha.

Fulham close to double signing.

<weeps>

Triple signing i think.
(10-05-2020, 09:31 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:49 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:46 PM)wba13 Wrote: Because we will sign at least one player. 
On other matters Berahino signed on loan for.     [font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Sporting de Charleroi In France just a bit of  useless information.[/font]

One player is not enough. And we’ve dramatically smaller pool to fish in now. And let’s not forget Championship clubs will now hold all the power.

And this is exactly why today is such a massive disappointment. It's not about whether we expected other targets or whether we have another 2 weeks to sign these players. We've lost any negotiating power, if any other PL clubs need strikers then there's potential for bidding wars and if we fail on our main targets then we'll have to look at lower quality replacements from a limited selection of players.

Two points
1 - we need at least a right back and a striker, and as i understand our options now are only EFL players . And even if we can source players of sufficient quality to fill our requirements, we will need to pay a transfer fee, something we don't seem capable of doing.

2 - What is going to happen in the next 11 days that makes deals possible, that haven't been possible so far.

The whole transfer strategy has been shambolic.

We clearly have no money so which bright spark spent the little transfer kitty we have on Button and Kipre plus their wages and those of Peltier? We needed to focus on freebies and loans for the first team and the likes of O’Shea could deputise.
Silarmi off to Lyon
(10-05-2020, 09:37 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:49 PM)Dumbo Wrote: One player is not enough. And we’ve dramatically smaller pool to fish in now. And let’s not forget Championship clubs will now hold all the power.

Two points

We clearly have no money so which bright spark spent the little transfer kitty we have on Button and Kipre plus their wages and those of Peltier? We needed to focus on freebies and loans for the first team and the likes of O’Shea could deputise.

Saw a tweet from Massi saying Albion see Oct 16th as their transfer deadline day.

Beyond words . Already clear from the window so far that if a championship club have a good player, they are expecting a big fee or they are not selling.
(10-05-2020, 09:43 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 09:37 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 09:13 PM)Sliced Wrote: And this is exactly why today is such a massive disappointment. It's not about whether we expected other targets or whether we have another 2 weeks to sign these players. We've lost any negotiating power, if any other PL clubs need strikers then there's potential for bidding wars and if we fail on our main targets then we'll have to look at lower quality replacements from a limited selection of players.

Two points

Saw a tweet from Massi saying Albion see Oct 16th as their transfer deadline day.

Beyond words . Already clear from the window so far that if a championship club have a good player, they are expecting a big fee or they are not selling.

Absolutely fucking pathetic. I expect the 2nd window will be the same too.
If we can offload Zohore, Austin, Grosicki and Phillips and get in Josh King (loan to buy), Woodrow, Osayi-Samuel and Clyne (free) it wouldn’t be the worst outcome and might be better value than trying to buy Grant.
Trying to be positive...
I guess Peltier is worth a try. Experienced, and Bilic presumably sees something there.
Hegazi is still here and must be brought in. I see him as an improvement. I've no idea about Ivanovic, but see Peltier above.
Grant... well, Huddersfield are playing hard ball, understandably. But look at it the other way. They need players too. They need our money. And before deadline day.
Add Gallagher, and that's half a new team.

There... that's better isn't it.
(10-05-2020, 09:48 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Trying to be positive...
I guess Peltier is worth a try. Experienced, and Bilic presumably sees something there.
Hegazi is still here and must be brought in. I see him as an improvement. I've no idea about Ivanovic, but see Peltier above.
Grant... well, Huddersfield are playing hard ball, understandably. But look at it the other way. They need players too. They need our money. And before deadline day.
Add Gallagher, and that's half a new team.

There... that's better isn't it.

You lost me after I guess Peltier is worth a try  Big Grin