Speculate to accumulate
Amazes me how many people here don't now how things work in China. Lai is nothing but a front man for the investment company, I doubt he himself is worth much at all. The investment company will have very limited liquidated funds, almost all will be in assets.

The investment company doesn't care how our club gets on, so long as we don't ever cost them any more.
(10-05-2020, 03:20 PM)albionpeej Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 03:16 PM)billybassett Wrote: He's worth 2.6bn so I would guess he could put £200m in without too much effort. Fact is he doesn't want to, won't ever and so we might has well forget he even exists.

For all you know, £2.599bn of that is tied in assets and he's got £1m to play with.

May well be but in 2 years if he wanted to he could have untied millions worth of those assets if he wanted to as controlling shareholder and director.

My point is not that he doesn't have the cash - he does - it's that he chooses not to liquidate it for the Albion's benefit

(10-05-2020, 03:24 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Amazes me how many people here don't now how things work in China. Lai is nothing but a front man for the investment company, I doubt he himself is worth much at all. The investment company will have very limited liquidated funds, almost all will be in assets.

The investment company doesn't care how our club gets on, so long as we don't ever cost them any more.

He's the controlling shareholder. So even if that's just 51% he has assets worth 1.3bn. If he really wanted to he could liquidate those assets - may take a long time -but he could. So he could therefore "invest"/waste some of that on Albion.

He chooses not to - it's not that he can't
(10-05-2020, 03:24 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Amazes me how many people here don't now how things work in China. Lai is nothing but a front man for the investment company, I doubt he himself is worth much at all. The investment company will have very limited liquidated funds, almost all will be in assets.

This.
Birdy's bang on, Lai is only the front man, the real money comes from Yunyi Investments.

http://www.yunyiinvestment.com/en/#slide1

Weilin Yin, the CEO of Yunyi explains in this video why they put Lai up front.

Have they checked down the back of the sofa yet?   Rolleyes
(10-05-2020, 06:37 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Have they checked down the back of the sofa yet?   Rolleyes

Baldy took the sofa with him for that same reason.
(10-05-2020, 06:39 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 06:37 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Have they checked down the back of the sofa yet?   Rolleyes

Baldy took the sofa with him for that same reason.

Burned it. Springs to the tatter.
The club have said they want to change the policy and bring the age down and have players with a resale value. I don’t understand why people get upset over something the club are trying to achieve.
(10-05-2020, 03:56 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Birdy's bang on, Lai is only the front man, the real money comes from Yunyi Investments.

Blimey, Lai is a good footballer and Charismatic!!
Robbo2604 Wrote:
Psalm23 Wrote:Birdy's bang on, Lai is only the front man, the real money comes from Yunyi Investments.

Blimey, Lai is a good footballer and Charismatic!!

Maybe he's the answer? Can he play right back?