Definitely Mbaye
My only concern is why Rennes who are in the champions league for the first time in their history are happy to lose their top scoring main striker.

Anyone remember him playing against us for Watford couple of years back ? Scored a beautiful goal and caused us problems all game.
(09-20-2020, 04:11 PM)B36baggie Wrote: My only concern is why Rennes who are in the champions league for the first time in their history are happy to lose their top scoring main striker.

Anyone remember him playing against us for Watford couple of years back ? Scored a beautiful goal and caused us problems all game.

As did his strike partner, Deeney
(09-20-2020, 03:49 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 03:48 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 03:46 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Could be our new Odemwingie IMO

Does he know any new Olssons or McAuleys?

Genuinely think Ivanović & Kipré will be fine.
We can really have no Idea about either of them.
Is Ivanovic still good enough?
Can Kipre step up?
Only time will tell.
I'd go for Hegazi plus one.
(09-20-2020, 04:29 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 03:49 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 03:48 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 03:46 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Could be our new Odemwingie IMO

Does he know any new Olssons or McAuleys?

Genuinely think Ivanović & Kipré will be fine.
We can really have no Idea about either of them.
Is Ivanovic still good enough?
Can Kipre step up?
Only time will tell.
I'd go for Hegazi plus one.

I’m not sure we’ll see a lot of Kipre this year... he wasn’t Slav’s signing, and as we know he has his favourites.

I really hope Ivanovic proves an inspired signing, but I just think we’ll soon see his legs are gone, but I hope I’m wrong.
(09-20-2020, 04:11 PM)B36baggie Wrote: My only concern is why Rennes who are in the champions league for the first time in their history are happy to lose their top scoring main striker.

They’re also selling their keeper to Chelsea. 
Think Mbaye’s a bit of a bad boy, banned from driving. Not ideal  but I think he’s worth the punt
(09-20-2020, 04:45 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:

Think Mbaye’s a bit of a bad boy, banned from driving. Not ideal  but I think he’s worth the punt

Yep they are selling Mendy the keeper for a big fee to Chelsea & that price could rise in the morning if any Rennes officials are watching this game. 

That's more my point, Rennes clearly don't need the money so it feels a bit odd loaning out their top striker for a relatively low loan fee when they are in the Champions league.
(09-20-2020, 03:41 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 03:23 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: why can't former defenders coach defences?
Strange one isn’t it. To Moore, Mowbray and Slaven you can add Dennis Smith

Gammon can also take his rightful place in this hall of fame.
(09-20-2020, 04:52 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 04:45 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:

Yep they are selling Mendy the keeper for a big fee to Chelsea & that price could rise in the morning if any Rennes officials are watching this game. 

That's more my point, Rennes clearly don't need the money so it feels a bit odd loaning out their top striker for a relatively low loan fee when they are in the Champions league.

He's a proven liability wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole.    Get Carter, sorry Deeney and Grant the Hudds variety.   The twats  lost 3-0 saturday we'll probably get Grant for 5m on 16th October.
(09-20-2020, 07:52 PM)lemon Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 03:23 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: why can't former defenders coach defences?

It wasn't his fault, and it is a complete injustice. Tom was fouled, and it should have been a Pen.
(09-20-2020, 07:52 PM)lemon Wrote:

My memory is shot.

I can't recall Gammy being head coach or manager at The Albion.