The Return of Brexit
It's beyond a joke now to be honest, i'm imagining it's a bit of grandstanding on the mop haired buffoons behalf and even laying the ground for blaming others. I do hope there is a deal sorted still but the amount of work that my firm and 10s of thousands are also doing is fucking painful and a serious waste of money. The biggest car crash decision of all time and still no-one can give any benefits that are tangible. Pound fallen again I see and the head of the UK government Legal team has resigned - all going to plan then.
Brandon Lewis, Northern Ireland Secretary in the HoC today: "Yes this does break international law in a very specific and limited way"

Oh that's alright then you fucking moron. All of this whilst banking on a trade deal with the Orange one in the USofA, unfortunately if he fails to get in the US won't do a deal because we will have broken the Good Friday Agreement. What could possibly go wrong - fuck me!
(09-08-2020, 01:29 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Brandon Lewis, Northern Ireland Secretary in the HoC today: "Yes this does break international law in a very specific and limited way"

Oh that's alright then you fucking moron. All of this whilst banking on a trade deal with the Orange one in the USofA, unfortunately if he fails to get in the US won't do a deal because we will have broken the Good Friday Agreement. What could possibly go wrong - fuck me!

I’d love to know how anyone can defend this governments position on this without resorting to jingoistic nonsense.
It's a shit show of the highest ordering the worst thing is everything was predicted and appears to be happening so they can't even say that they didn't know.
(09-08-2020, 01:29 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Brandon Lewis, Northern Ireland Secretary in the HoC today: "Yes this does break international law in a very specific and limited way"

That's the least of our worries.

If we renege on a signed international agreement and break international law, who the hell would want to sign a trade deal with us?
Fuck it, let's just break international law. We live in a bubble right? Brittania rules to waves. No one overseas can possibly do anything to hurt us right? We don't need trade deals......... God Save the Kweeyn
M. Thatcher

1975 May 21

Speech to Conservative Women's Conference

“Britain does not renounce Treaties. Indeed, to do so would damage our own integrity as well as international relations.“

Why would anyone trust this government to abide by any deal it signs?

It’s ok where we come from!
Funny how Starmer was a lot more vocal about Brexit when it was costing Corbyn votes, the useless centrist prick.
Let's not mention how the EU breaks its own Treaties to protect the project when it suits Germany or France shall we? There's plenty of exmaples.
(09-10-2020, 08:41 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Let's not mention how the EU breaks its own Treaties to protect the project when it suits Germany or France shall we? There's plenty of exmaples.

So that makes it right then, FFS Proth, your only defence on this is that we do something unheard of because they have done it (albeit without examples of breaking international treaties signed months ago). You really are beyond the pale (or not ironically) when it comes to defending this bollox. It is clear that there is something wrong when the deal that we signed a few months ago is now deemed unworkable, when it was 'oven ready' and a 'great deal' at the time. Why didn't they raise this at the time, or even when they were promising to deliver this in order to get a GE - you support a bunch of liars that simply don't care for the public any more, if you are not benefitting from this in the way that they are then you are being conned into defending it. If you are benefitting from this then you are as bad a selfish cunt as they are.