England Squad...
No Greasy Jack - Foden picked instead.

Kelvin Phillips and James Ward-Prowse also in.

Greenwood in too.
Massive melt down on Seal Talk.

I would have laughed my cock off if Jake had been recalled Big Grin Big Grin
Highlights the job GJ has even breaking into that squad - he needs to displace one of Foden, Mount, Sterling, Rashford or Sancho.

Even then he’s competing with the others who didn’t make the squad - Alli, Maddison, Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, even Harvey Barnes, for that spot.
Telling quote from Southgate on Foden and Greenwood :-

"They have shown playing in big matches, for big clubs, that they are talented boys".

In other words he prefers other players to Sealish, who is going to have to play for a big successful club to unseat those who are already playing for such clubs.
I can totally see why Grealish hasn't been picked. People can throw whatever stats they like about how good he is but his constant diving and play acting has gone against him. What I've never understood is why no one has taken him to one side and said to him how much more affective he could be if he doesn't dive. His first thought is always to go down. 

It looks to me like it's been a call between Grealish and Foden and Southgate has picked the superior player. Foden is going to be England's best player in the next decade imo.
It's Mings only being called up by virtue of being left footed or something? Mee, Tarkowski, Coady, Basham, O'Connell and Baldock are all magnitudes better than him.
(08-25-2020, 01:05 PM)Duffers Wrote: No Greasy Jack - Foden picked instead.

Kelvin Phillips and James Ward-Prowse also in.

Greenwood in too.

Possibly to do with his lock-down shenanigans and impending court case where from reports he would appear to have a case to answer. 

I also think Southgate sees him as a possible disruptive influence and maybe like many others isn't turning a blind eye to his constant diving (cheating).
(08-25-2020, 01:30 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: It's Mings only being called up by virtue of being left footed or something? Mee, Tarkowski, Coady, Basham, O'Connell and Baldock are all magnitudes better than him.

To be fair to Mings he hasn’t done much wrong in his appearances and Southgate tends to stick with players who don’t let him down.
But but but phillips hasnt played in the prem and maguires in court.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(08-25-2020, 01:29 PM)Peachy Wrote: I can totally see why Grealish hasn't been picked. People can throw whatever stats they like about how good he is but his constant diving and play acting has gone against him. What I've never understood is why no one has taken him to one side and said to him how much more affective he could be if he doesn't dive. His first thought is always to go down. 

It looks to me like it's been a call between Grealish and Foden and Southgate has picked the superior player. Foden is going to be England's best player in the next decade imo.

Foden’s emergence has definitely screwed Grealish. It’s only going to get worse as Foden gets more games for City. By all accounts Guardiola sees him as the natural successor to David Silva.