Pub beer assistance
I think Molsson Coors have pretty much tried to kill it off. No big loss as it was bland, keg ale, like John Smith's smooth. Still better than most of the mass manufactured piss Molsson Coors produce though
That Caffreys was brutal. Recall it coming out about 93 or so. I had a huge session on it on a Sunday watching the All Ireland Final in the Talbot in Bearwood and I was absolutely fecked sideways by it next day.
Probably full of chemicals and altogether truly horrendous.
It was very drinkable and not that strong.. just crushing hangovers. I got in a few states on it but they were all dayers. Ale has really come on since it was a mainstream pull imo.
Nice but vicious headaches the next day
Interesting to see people mention the headaches. It had the same effect on me. I'd have only about 4 pints of it on a Sunday night in the Cottage of Content but next morning at work was always a bit difficult. Not touched it for over 20 years.
Anyone remember Calders Cream Ale? That was a nice drink, but raging hangovers from just 4-5 pints.
Used to be brewed by Bass Belfast, Coors will have nothing to do with such beer they want to concentrate 
on the production of legally brewed urine
(08-13-2020, 05:41 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Does anyone know of a pub in the North Birmingham area or even Sandwell area with Caffreys Premium Irish Ale (yes the smooth flow one), on draught from keg, and its a decent pull.

TiA

The Legion in Atherstone has it Saus and there's a few good Real Ale pubs including the Angel in the Market Square (50 yards from the Legion - if you go in the Legion go in the rear lounge) which is absolutely outstanding. 

https://www.visitnorthernwarwickshire.co...ale-house/

Train from New St to Athers is 40 mins - change at Tamworth.
The headaches are probably caused by some genetically modified product they are putting in the beer - yeast or hops usually.
(08-14-2020, 02:26 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: The headaches are probably caused by some genetically modified product they are putting in the beer - yeast or hops usually.

No, the headaches are caused by the fact that is a shite beer full of crap which would not be allowed anywhere near a decent real ale.
Awful, bland crap produced in a factory from poor quality ingredients.
What types of genetically engineered yeast and hops are being used? As an ale lover and graduate biochemist I'd be keen to know.
Thanks in advance.

(08-13-2020, 08:42 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: It was very drinkable 

You lost me there I'm afraid.

Not sure if I've ever encountered a worse beer!