Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal
(07-03-2020, 08:51 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 08:22 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 08:01 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 07:49 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 07:39 AM)billybassett Wrote: love to know where the evidence for that is

First reported European case was in France at the end of Jan 2020

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coro...round-2019

As I thought - a reported case.

Not in anyway denying that report but you will have seen other resources showing Wuhan admissions to hospital rising significantly last summer. No body really knows. The concept that reported and confirmed cases are a definitive timestamp for when the virus entered the country is obviously not right.

On another angle, if therefore there was a confirmed case in Jan in europe then there the virus was definitely in the country in Jan. Therefore those people, like me, who knew people who were ill or were ill themselves just before/on/or after this time could quite easily have had the virus.

The o my indicator is the death toll compared to previous years.  

China’s data I don’t believe hence my link to Europe.

If it was in the UK earlier then the spike in deaths would have been seen earlier with NHS staff dying earlier as well as perfectly healthy people dying also. Non of this has come to light

True but without getting too political on a non political bored it was only when the govt sent old people back to care homes with the virus that it all started to accelerate.

This isn’t political.

The number of deaths in care homes weren’t included in the stats you until well into the reporting of the virus.
This has gone off kilter into a 'who has had it' debate, with petty sniping galore.
I'm more interested in people's fear of it now- after being told for months it is a deadly scary thing lurking invisibly we are being asked to go back to normal life and I wonder how hard an adjustment this is for some.
Incidentally, I had all the symptoms of a common cold in early March. I believe I had a common cold.
Currently, have been rough past couple of days with suppressed appetite, tired and flu like symptoms. I still don't think it's the virus, especially as I feel better today.
It's changed the way I view things and will continue to do so until there is a vaccine for this or a better understanding of who is likely to get this and be affected long term. I won't let it change some of the essential parts of 'living', I'm getting my haircut tomorrow and have booked a meal with my wife, kids and their partners next weekend, but I am being choosy as to where i do that. I won't be going out to pubs with my mates for quite a while yet until I've seen if there are any issues arise and I will be more than likely cancelling my gym membership (definitely suspending it if they allow)
(07-03-2020, 10:00 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: This has gone off kilter into a 'who has had it' debate, with petty sniping galore.
I'm more interested in people's fear of it now- after being told for months it is a deadly scary thing lurking invisibly we are being asked to go back to normal life and I wonder how hard an adjustment this is for some.
Incidentally, I had all the symptoms of a common cold in early March. I believe I had a common cold.
Currently, have been rough past couple of days with suppressed appetite, tired and flu like symptoms. I still don't think it's the virus, especially as I feel better today.

We are not going back to normal life though, are we?

I’ve spent the last 3 days putting procedures, guidelines and fittings in to my building...ready for my reopen on Saturday.
(07-03-2020, 10:00 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: This has gone off kilter into a 'who has had it' debate, with petty sniping galore.

We set up a competition between the kids to see how many kilometres they could clock up in June and then the winner would get a prize (new pair of trainers), with a minimum of 50k to be done. So they've been out most days and generally no issues with either them or others people distancing but the boy came across someone the other night with full welding mask attire who shooed him away with an umbrella like a gaggle of geese for getting a bit too close. 

As has been mentioned it's strange for most but for the very young generation who are growing up with no physical contact with family and friends. It will surely be ingrained in them from an early age that you shouldn't get close to anyone at any time and my sympathy goes out to them. And then they are the poor fuggers age 16-21 or so whose condoms in their wallets are getting close to their use-by dates!
Mrs Marley and I both work at (separate) hospitals who have offered antibody testing to all staff. Mrs Marley came back as positive and mine was returned negative. I sit in a tiny office with my gaffer and she tested positive too.

Am I Bruce Willis in Unbreakable?
(07-03-2020, 10:08 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

We are not going back to normal life though, are we?

I’ve spent the last 3 days putting procedures, guidelines and fittings in to my building...ready for my reopen on Saturday.
True enough, but pretty much normal. What I want to know is who will dive in back into pubs etc?
(07-03-2020, 10:12 AM)Fido Wrote:

We set up a competition between the kids to see how many kilometres they could clock up in June and then the winner would get a prize (new pair of trainers), with a minimum of 50k to be done. So they've been out most days and generally no issues with either them or others people distancing but the boy came across someone the other night with full welding mask attire who shooed him away with an umbrella like a gaggle of geese for getting a bit too close. 

As has been mentioned it's strange for most but for the very young generation who are growing up with no physical contact with family and friends. It will surely be ingrained in them from an early age that you shouldn't get close to anyone at any time and my sympathy goes out to them. And then they are the poor fuggers age 16-21 or so whose condoms in their wallets are getting close to their use-by dates!

Other than it sounding further, I do not understand why cyclists and joggers talk in KMs when as a country our road speeds and distances stated on road signs are in miles.
The fear of crona would not put me off going in a pub. 

The fear of endless queues and restrictions will though. 

I'll be giving it a miss until its fairly normal again
(07-03-2020, 10:00 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: This has gone off kilterinto a 'who has had it' debate, with petty sniping galore.

Are you new here?  Big Grin

If someone believes they have had it, then they will have little fear of it and therefore it’s relevant to your post on people’s fear of the virus.  Or your statement should have excluded those who believe they have had it and therefore an an immunity.  Just saying loikeBig Grin