Almost 4 years since the referendum
(06-19-2020, 12:34 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: I don't expect people who get money OUT OF the government to be grateful - that's the government's duty.

Is it? Hmm.
(06-19-2020, 01:35 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 12:34 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: I don't expect people who get money OUT OF the government to be grateful - that's the government's duty.

Is it? Hmm.

It's the governments duty to provide services to enable society to operate, law, health, education, welfare, and it must provide the framework for that in the way of sub govt structures. The govt collects taxes to fund this circle and is necessary in a world where those that cannot are looked after. Or we could just all stop taxation and pay for everything ourselves and fuck those that can't.
They didnt have to furlonged but they did some right ungrateful fuckers about .
You're right LIQ, they didn't have to Furlough, they could have just let all of those companies make the staff redundant.
(06-19-2020, 01:58 PM)The liquidator Wrote: They didnt have to furlonged but they did some right ungrateful fuckers about .

You can only be helped if you support and don't criticise?

If you think they didn't have to support the income of people then you're way off the mark.  

You think it was ever an option to enforce places of work to close for an indefinite period of time, resulting in zero income for a large % of the population?  The option would have been complete economic meltdown, looting, civil disobedience like never seen before - total anarchy.  Oh and the virus would have continued to spread unchecked.

Thinking about the 2 options I suppose they didn't have to offer the CJRS.  I suppose we should all be grateful for them not choosing anarchy.

As an aside I for one fell through their net as the owner of a limited company, they've done nothing to support my income or my business.  I'm currently appealing my rateable value and if I win, and subsequently fall into the Small Business Rates Relief, I still won't get the £10K grant despite actually being eligible.
(06-19-2020, 02:18 PM)baggy1 Wrote: You're right LIQ, they didn't have to Furlough, they could have just let all of those companies make the staff redundant 
Yes so some of these who are  ungrateful should take a look in the mirror  and think thank god  the tories for bailing me out of the dole que ......

(06-19-2020, 02:18 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 01:58 PM)The liquidator Wrote: They didnt have to furlonged but they did some right ungrateful fuckers about .

You can only be helped if you support and don't criticise?

If you think they didn't have to support the income of people then you're way off the mark.  

You think it was ever an option to enforce places of work to close for an indefinite period of time, resulting in zero income for a large % of the population?  The option would have been complete economic meltdown, looting, civil disobedience like never seen before - total anarchy.  Oh and the virus would have continued to spread unchecked.

Thinking about the 2 options I suppose they didn't have to offer the CJRS.  I suppose we should all be grateful for them not choosing anarchy.

As an aside I for one fell through their net as the owner of a limited company, they've done nothing to support my income or my business.  I'm currently appealing my rateable value and if I win, and subsequently fall into the Small Business Rates Relief, I still won't get the £10K grant despite actually being eligible.

Hope you get sorted
(06-19-2020, 01:35 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Is it? Hmm.

In as much as it's my duty to pay taxes. I can see how some people would disagree with both statements. But I'm happy with both.

(06-19-2020, 02:27 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 02:18 PM)baggy1 Wrote: You're right LIQ, they didn't have to Furlough, they could have just let all of those companies make the staff redundant 
Yes so some of these who are  ungrateful should take a look in the mirror  and think thank god  the tories for bailing me out of the dole que ......

A stunning lack of insight. If there was no furlough, millions would be made redundant, thousands of companies would close down. Nobody would be paying taxes! How long do you think you would be building roads for with nobody to pay for them?!

That's why every rich country government in the world is paying furlough. Should all citizens of the world be grateful to their government?
You know it’s not the governments money don’t you LIQ? What do you think would have happened to the country if they hadn’t of furloughed people? Riots? Looting? Starvation? Continued unchecked virus killing even more people?

Still waiting for Proth to tell us what he would have done that would save people’s jobs, kept deaths down below what it is today and not incur complete anarchy on the streets?
No money to pay for food for the families instead of food banks ......you decide between those 2 ....dont go off about austerity just those 2 situations.
(06-19-2020, 03:14 PM)The liquidator Wrote: No money to pay for food for the families instead of food banks  ......you decide between those 2 ....dont go off about austerity just those 2 situations.

Right so when the music stops and we all go to work and our companies and jobs have gone what then? How do you think that would played out with voters, and how do you think that coupled with the poor handling of the actual virus would have worked out for the government?