Polands complete overreaction to the Coronavirus
(03-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: They shut the schools, they've shut the universities, they've banned flights from Italy and China, and they have banned public gatherings (concerts etc.) of over 500 people.

Little extreme I thought considering they've only had 30 cases in total country wide.

The issue is this was always going to spread. There was data to show how contagious it was so if there are 30 cases country wide and nothing is being done that number will increase, and it's much easier to contain a virus with 30 cases than one with 300.

What's the point in waiting for an arbitrary number of cases or deaths to occur before taking action? It makes no sense.

Since this post, 13 days have passed and in Poland the number of deaths is 8.

In the UK, in the 13 days after we reached 30 cases, there were 22 deaths. Almost treble the amount. There was also an increase in 800 cases, despite the fact that people only get tested in the most severe cases in the UK.
Silly old Poland.....oh.
(03-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: They shut the schools, they've shut the universities, they've banned flights from Italy and China, and they have banned public gatherings (concerts etc.) of over 500 people.

Little extreme I thought considering they've only had 30 cases in total country wide.

Looks a lot more sensible than our approach now doesn’t it?
Just as a reminder to those who think a lockdown was pointless - Poland's death count to date 1,102.
(06-03-2020, 03:10 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Just as a reminder to those who think a lockdown was pointless - Poland's death count to date 1,102.

Hi Sausage  Big Grin
(06-03-2020, 03:10 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Just as a reminder to those who think a lockdown was pointless - Poland's death count to date 1,102.

And closing their borders to foreign Nationals early on.  Cunts Big Grin
I find it strange how strict Poland has been yet our Polish neighbours and the majority of Poles at work have behaved really badly throughout (group gatherings, all sharing lifts, shaking hands with each other every day). I guess the better behaved ones stayed in Poland!
Boris is proud of our record .. with more  deaths yesterday than tbe rest ofthe EU combined 
Time to stop those pesky virus free lot flying in without checks
(06-03-2020, 06:07 PM)baggpuss Wrote: I find it strange how strict Poland has been yet our Polish neighbours and the majority of Poles at work have behaved really badly throughout (group gatherings, all sharing lifts, shaking hands with each other every day). I guess the better behaved ones stayed in Poland!

and a strict police regime and high fines in Poland - £1000 - helps ensure compliance for those ordered to quarantine!
FF is referring to this thread btw.

Having a read back, they only had 30 cases! Complete overreaction! Wink