Durham
Perfectly acceptable....

Expect Olympic standard gymnastic excuses
He needs to go.
There is often humour to be found, even in the most unlikely of places. The media are being blamed for an orchestrated witch-hunt: this isn't untypical of the online comments...

"Is this all the media have to do? Instead of journalism they practice a tirade of anti government spiel. The remoaner journalists having their day..." 

That one was directed at The Mail Online - longtime mouthpiece of the treacherous left.

Oh, and then there's this one (a broadside at The Telegraph this time)...

"I subscribed to the DT because I was sick of the MSM and other `newspapers` with their biased witchhunts of anything slightly to the right of outright Marxism.  Sadly they seem to be indulging in the very same `click bait` and poor journalism that drove me here in the first place..."
(05-23-2020, 09:07 AM)Ossian Wrote: There is often humour to be found, even in the most unlikely of places. The media are being blamed for an orchestrated witch-hunt: this isn't untypical of the online comments...

"Is this all the media have to do? Instead of journalism they practice a tirade of anti government spiel. The remoaner journalists having their day..." 

That one was directed at The Mail Online - longtime mouthpiece of the treacherous left.

"I subscribed to the DT because I was sick of the MSM and other `newspapers` with their biased witchhunts of anything slightly to the right of outright Marxism.  Sadly they seem to be indulging in the very same `click bait` and poor journalism that drove me here in the first place..."

Good to see Client Journalism at its very, very best! 

[Image: EYsL6aYWoAEOcZR?format=jpg&name=large]
Roolz only apply to plebs
Is it 100% that they didn't stop anyway on their long journey to Durham?
The Downing Street statement directly contradicts that of Durham Constabulary. Hmmm.
(05-23-2020, 10:43 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 09:56 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 09:07 AM)Ossian Wrote: There is often humour to be found, even in the most unlikely of places. The media are being blamed for an orchestrated witch-hunt: this isn't untypical of the online comments...

Good to see Client Journalism at its very, very best! 

[Image: EYsL6aYWoAEOcZR?format=jpg&name=large]
That's one of her tweets - she is a reporter.
You could have selected her tweet where she quoted the SNP calling for Cummings to go. She is impartial unlike the Guardian so gives both sides.
This 'fake news' or 'client journalism' label on journalism that you don't like and praise of that you do is just Trump like propaganda.
Personally I'd prefer to hear all sides of the story.

She is replying to another reporters story with anonymous quotes from sources close to No10 without any scrutiny whether they are factual or not. The journalist in question is Chair of the Parliamentary Press Gallery not some dodgy hack. The story from No10 has changed since. Your refusal to accept that client journalism exists is up to you but it’s certainly not Trumpian to ask a journalist to not simply become a spokesperson. It smacks of defending the government rather than impartiality.
What a bunch of prize cunts this government and its assorted unelected hangers-on are.
Problem is that the public are either immune to their deceit and lies or just don't care.
Very sad and dangerous state of affairs either way.
(05-23-2020, 11:16 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Fyi - from Kay Burley on Twitter also Sky News etc also reporting no 10 sources...

No 10: ‘At no stage was he (Cummings) or his family spoken to by the police about this matter, as is being reported.’ https://t.co/u44ddZYUNY

Just to add as it's quite important, this directly contradicts the Durham Constabulary statement which states that his family were spoken to about it.