Boris says go back to work
(05-12-2020, 09:36 AM)JOK Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 09:27 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 09:00 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 08:57 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: we have eased lockdown to the point that it makes a mockery of the term.

I can't go to the pub, I can't go for a curry & I can't hug my dying mother.

Yes, we've eased lockdown to the point that it makes a mockery of the term. Rolleyes

You can get a takeaway, you can jump on the underground, catch a bus, you can exercise as much as you like, go for drives and go to some shops as long as you are 2mtres away from others, you can play golf, tennis with a friend, go fishing. You can see a grandparent or relative (just the one oddly) as long as you are outside. You can go to work (bosses can stay safely at home). Yep rock solid lockdown but luckily if we all stay ALERT we shall spot the pesky virus before it gets us and our family.
Pubs closed.
Restaurants closed.
Theatres closed
Barbers / Hairdressers closed,
Small, no essential goods, shops closed,
No physical contact with family and friends.
Hotels closed.
Theme parks closed.
Self catering destinations closed.
B&Bs closed.
Heritage sites closed.
Enclosed venues closed.
Unless social distancing can be maintained, businesses still closed.
Supermarkets still to ensure social distancing rules.
Sports centres closed.
Registered mail and signed for packages left unsigned.
Libraries closed.
Museums closed.
Garden centres only allowed open with strict Social Distancing measures.
Care homes closed to visitors. (So I can’t visit my 99 year old mother who contracted the virus)
People who have been working from home to continue to do so.
Dentist closed with only limited emergency work available.
Schools still closed for most pupils.
Sport only allowed with members of your household (Don’t class golf as a sport).
Over 70s still told to isolate, even if fit and active.

But apart from that, we “have eased lockdown to a point where it makes a mockery”. 
Yep, I’m really pleased things are getting back to normal! 

I’m sorry about your Mom JOK I hope she is getting better now? Horrible times we find ourselves in.  

Compared to most countries in Europe we had a very soft lockdown and the measures we’ve just put in place will see it soften further. If it’s sunny weather on a bank holiday with the new guidelines do you think people are going to abide by the rules? One look at some of the social distancing at the weekend gone suggests not.
(05-12-2020, 08:58 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: I’m well aware the u45s still spread it. I’m not saying they have no risk. I’m saying I think moving forward, the easing of measures should be based around age. That’s all!

Unless we stay in lockdown for 18 months, which is not feasible at all, then unfortunately some people will be at risk. There’s no way around that.

As for the government fucking it up from the beginning, I’ve not even commented on that.

The point that is being missed here is that because of the awful in-game management by the govt we cannot think about ending the lockdown safely. Boris and co have painted themselves into a corner through their mismanagement and now have decided to take an option that will result in the spread of the virus before it is under control. If they'd have shown even the basic level of interest in this at the start then they would have had a better grasp on the virus and then let the lockdown ease and the economy grow by now. But instead they get a free ride and their apologists blame China, global markets, the EU.

An example of the shithousery approach that they take was shown up by Keir Starmer this week - On Sunday Boris tells everyone they should be back at work and employers should put safety measures in place - at first he said they should be back on Monday which was then revised to Wednesday. The only problem is that they only started to discuss what the safety measures should be yesterday and haven't provided the guidelines for employers to follow and be in place by tomorrow. 

But hey ho, it's a tough job and I wouldn't want to make the decisions. They're a fucking government, it's their job to make decisions and put coherent steps in place, not bow to public opinion and tell them to use common sense FFS
(05-12-2020, 09:50 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I’m sorry about your Mom JOK I hope she is getting better now? Horrible times we find ourselves in.  

Compared to most countries in Europe we had a very soft lockdown and the measures we’ve just put in place will see it soften further. If it’s sunny weather on a bank holiday with the new guidelines do you think people are going to abide by the rules? One look at some of the social distancing at the weekend gone suggests not.
Thanks Dek, it’s been over two weeks since her positive result and apart from a “crackly” chest, which she has suffered with all her life, she has been fine-ish. At least so we are told. In fact I wish she could get another dose as they said she was walking around, something she could barely do before hand. Rolleyes  Nine of them tested positive and all but one have shown no signs. It’s a twisted virus! It was the chilling phone call I took from her quack that suggested the worst.

The problem though Dek is a thoughtless and selfish minority, growing though it is, has always ignored the restrictions and that will always be the case. I accept that for those types the new guidelines will be as a green light. The wishy washy announcement on Sunday didn’t help. But I believe the detailed announcement Monday made things clearer.
Track back and see where the virus co.e from you should show your disgust and those cunts who started it or do they get a free pass on it because not once have I seen any anger at those fuckpigs.

The tories have fucked up in the care homes but most of the world have to would guess.

Hold them to account when the shitstorm is in a better place
(05-12-2020, 10:35 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 08:58 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: I’m well aware the u45s still spread it. I’m not saying they have no risk. I’m saying I think moving forward, the easing of measures should be based around age. That’s all!

Unless we stay in lockdown for 18 months, which is not feasible at all, then unfortunately some people will be at risk. There’s no way around that.

As for the government fucking it up from the beginning, I’ve not even commented on that.

The point that is being missed here is that because of the awful in-game management by the govt we cannot think about ending the lockdown safely. Boris and co have painted themselves into a corner through their mismanagement and now have decided to take an option that will result in the spread of the virus before it is under control. If they'd have shown even the basic level of interest in this at the start then they would have had a better grasp on the virus and then let the lockdown ease and the economy grow by now. But instead they get a free ride and their apologists blame China, global markets, the EU.

An example of the shithousery approach that they take was shown up by Keir Starmer this week - On Sunday Boris tells everyone they should be back at work and employers should put safety measures in place - at first he said they should be back on Monday which was then revised to Wednesday. The only problem is that they only started to discuss what the safety measures should be yesterday and haven't provided the guidelines for employers to follow and be in place by tomorrow. 

But hey ho, it's a tough job and I wouldn't want to make the decisions. They're a fucking government, it's their job to make decisions and put coherent steps in place, not bow to public opinion and tell them to use common sense FFS

I disagree that we can't think about ending the lockdown safely. Too many factors discussed above regarding socio economic impacts etc. We have to debate and "think about" ending the lockdown, and try to find the best time to do it balancing all factors. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't right now, but to say a blanket "we can't think about it" is wrong IMO.
(05-12-2020, 10:49 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Track back and see where the virus co.e from you should  show your disgust and those cunts who started it or do they get a free pass on it because not once have I seen any anger at those fuckpigs.

The tories have fucked up in the care homes but most of the world have to would guess.

Hold them to account  when the shitstorm is in a better place

Or alternatively hold them to account before they continue with shit decisions that cost lives. It might just sharpen their minds to make better decisions.

How's things with you and the wife Liq after the test? Hope you are feeling better mate.
(05-12-2020, 10:51 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 10:35 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

I disagree that we can't think about ending the lockdown safely. Too many factors discussed above regarding socio economic impacts etc. We have to debate and "think about" ending the lockdown, and try to find the best time to do it balancing all factors. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't right now, but to say a blanket "we can't think about it" is wrong IMO.

I agree with that BB and should have worded my post as 'think about ending the lockdown safely now' to make a clearer point. It's too early now to be sending people back to work and sending vague 'use common sense' messages. If we get a spike in two weeks we will have to lockdown again and then the economy will be another couple of weeks behind other countries. Big business will look at where they can get their manufacturing done - it won't be in the country that is constantly in and out of lockdown. That will cause large scale economic damage for a lot longer than coronavirus.
(05-12-2020, 11:04 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: I disagree with the war analogy. We were woefully unprepared for Hitler as Dunkirk showed and had he been bolder and launched Operation Sealion early he may have had his palace tea. It was being an island saved us and gave us time plus Hitler's reluctance to attack straight away.

Unfortunately this enemy attacked
(05-12-2020, 11:04 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: I disagree with the war analogy. We were woefully unprepared for Hitler as Dunkirk showed and had he been bolder and launched Operation Sealion early he may have had his palace tea. It was being an island saved us and gave us time plus Hitler's reluctance to attack straight away.

Blum and Baldwin should have started rearmament as soon as German troops entered the Rhineland.

Though a sea invasion of Britain would have been a disaster given our naval capabilities even after Dunkirk. Hitler would have sent wave after of German soldier to the bottom of the Channel.
(05-12-2020, 10:53 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 10:49 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Track back and see where the virus co.e from you should  show your disgust and those cunts who started it or do they get a free pass on it because not once have I seen any anger at those fuckpigs.

Hold them to account  when the shitstorm is in a better place

Or alternatively hold them to account before they continue with shit decisions that cost lives. It might just sharpen their minds to make better decisions.

How's things with you and the wife Liq after the test? Hope you are feeling better mate.

All good mate went to see my dad for the first time since February 25 th even though me and the wife got the all clear I still talked to him at one end of the hall to another and I only stopped about 10 minutes  just want him to be safe .....

Thanks for asking  

I'm really angry about how care homes was down the pecking  order on this shitstorm  and I hope the government and people in charge get fucked for it bunch of idiots .