More covidiots.
Twats, no doubt, but I still maintain that by and large, people have done fairly well with this lockdown. I'm an ode 'un now, but I wouldn't have fancied this when I was in me teens and howling at the moon most nights. I think the young lot have done ok.
(05-08-2020, 08:04 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: What do you expect when newspapers like the Mail and Sun have headlines rejoicing that the lockdown will soon be over (leaked by who and for what purpose?) on the eve of a bank holiday? The same week as we have passed over 30k deaths!

This
Shock! There were dick heads about before the lockdown and guess what?.....there’s still dick heads about now. The majority of the Country have done well, imo.

Some clear strategy and outlined plans from the government wouldn’t go amiss. People need to know there is light at the end if the tunnel and a target to work towards.
(05-09-2020, 07:03 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 08:04 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: What do you expect when newspapers like the Mail and Sun have headlines rejoicing that the lockdown will soon be over (leaked by who and for what purpose?) on the eve of a bank holiday? The same week as we have passed over 30k deaths!

This

I have  read the story over and over and not seen that any of them were Sun or Mail readers mentioned anywhere, the pair of you obviously have an insight that I lack.
(05-09-2020, 07:35 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

This

I have  read the story over and over and not seen that any of them were Sun or Mail readers mentioned anywhere, the pair of you obviously have an insight that I lack.

Both papers (amongst others) were clearly implying that there would be a significant change in lockdown regulations from the start of next week and making unfounded predictions for later in the summer.

Irresponsible journalism, especially considering the average intelligence of those who read those papers!

This

If people are led to believe directly or indirectly through irresponsible headlines in national media that lockdown will relaxed significantly, then what message does that send out to people who want any excuse to flout the rules set in place? You may be right that the media has no affect on public opinion but I disagree.
(05-09-2020, 07:49 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:

This

Both papers (amongst others) were clearly implying that there would be a significant change in lockdown regulations from the start of next week and making unfounded predictions for later in the summer.

Irresponsible journalism, especially considering the average intelligence of those who read those papers!

So how do you know the 3 in the story read these papers.

(05-09-2020, 07:51 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

This

If people are led to believe directly or indirectly through irresponsible headlines in national media that lockdown will relaxed significantly, then what message does that send out to people who want any excuse to flout the rules set in place? You may be right that the media has no affect on public opinion but I disagree.

As you know, that is not what I said, I just inquired how you know the 3 in the story are readers of those papers.
(05-09-2020, 07:52 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

This

The point was not specific to those people but the numerous gatherings witnessed yesterday etc. It gives the wrong message out to people.

This

This

As you know, that is not what I said, I just inquired how you know the 3 in the story are readers of those papers.

I didn’t read your reply about those specific three until after I had replied. The wider point is if the press run with irresponsible stories then don’t be surprised if people who are easily led or just need an excuse do irresponsible things.
(05-09-2020, 08:00 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 07:03 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: This

(05-09-2020, 07:03 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: This

I didn’t read your reply about those specific three until after I had replied. The wider point is if the press run with irresponsible stories then don’t be surprised if people who are easily led or just need an excuse do irresponsible things.

So you refuse to believe that idiots can be idiots without any influence from the press.