Gary Robson testimonial
(04-23-2020, 07:11 PM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 05:25 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote: Apparently Trev The Shed had words with BR about him becoming our manager but couldn't come anywhere near what Middlesbrough offered.

Arf

Only have to hear Trev the Shed mentioned and the first thing that comes into my head is ‘I’ll go down there and blow his bloody computers up’

What comes into my mind was when he decided he'd sit on the bench and offer advice from the touchline. Is he still around?
I remember us beating the Seals in a pre season friendly on a Tuesday evening the following year on 1/8/95. Some Albion fans were singing where's your family gone to their new Serbian striker Savo Milosevic, which wasn't one of our greatest ever chants.
(04-25-2020, 08:23 AM)throstle Wrote: I remember us beating the Seals in a pre season friendly on a Tuesday evening the following year on 1/8/95. Some Albion fans were singing where's your family gone to their new Serbian striker Savo Milosevic, which wasn't one of our greatest ever chants.

‘You only sing when your burning’ is probably the lowest thing I’ve ever heard chanted at the shrine.
(04-25-2020, 08:45 AM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 08:23 AM)throstle Wrote: I remember us beating the Seals in a pre season friendly on a Tuesday evening the following year on 1/8/95. Some Albion fans were singing where's your family gone to their new Serbian striker Savo Milosevic, which wasn't one of our greatest ever chants.

‘You only sing when your burning’ is probably the lowest thing I’ve ever heard chanted at the shrine.

Waits for the inevitable.....

"Get over it, snowflake. It was all good-humoured bantz. Have you forgotten how to enjoy yourself? Fuckin millennials!!!"
(04-23-2020, 07:46 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 07:11 PM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 05:25 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote: Apparently Trev The Shed had words with BR about him becoming our manager but couldn't come anywhere near what Middlesbrough offered.

Arf

Only have to hear Trev the Shed mentioned and the first thing that comes into my head is ‘I’ll go down there and blow his bloody computers up’

What comes into my mind was when he decided he'd sit on the bench and offer advice from the touchline. Is he still around?

I think so. Silk died in 2014.

Guy behind me was shouting "duck Savo, grenades". It was funny at the time.
(04-25-2020, 02:25 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Guy behind me was shouting "duck Savo, grenades". It was funny at the time.

I was in Brum one night when he walked out of San Carlo and was targeted by a group of yobs.

He didn't half shift as he legged it up towards Colmore Row.
I was there too. Bosnich played out of goal second half, if I remember correctly.

If only we'd known that parity (at least) would be restored down the road some time.   I went to that 95 friendly and beating them was treated like a bloody cup final win.   Cringeworthy in hindsight.
(04-25-2020, 04:42 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote:

If only we'd known that parity (at least) would be restored down the road some time.   I went to that 95 friendly and beating them was treated like a bloody cup final win.   Cringeworthy in hindsight.

That the one where SuperBob scored the winner? Many more there for that friendly than we got for League games.