RE: Self Employed
That doesn't fit with today's narrative that FoM is saving the exploited FB so pack it in. Proth will have it that the evil farmers are running sweatshops and paying just enough wages to cover the rent they charge them on the caravan he shoves 16 of them into. The reality is that taking away freedom of movement isn't creating any jobs for the locals after all, it was just supporting the economy that we all benefit from.

Yours
Rancid Remoaner
(04-20-2020, 11:00 AM)strawman Wrote: Speaking of Spain - it would appear that shit employers are not unique to the UK, but seem to be rife in the fruit and veg industry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-euro...you-re-out

Indeed they are. Some of the most appalling conditions in Europe. You'd expect the usual suspects to be railing against this injustice - but maybe they just like cheap tomatoes.
(04-20-2020, 12:18 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The reality is that taking away freedom of movement isn't creating any jobs for the locals after all, it was just supporting the economy that we all benefit from.

Yours
Rancid Remoaner

This is actually a pretty rancid line. You're happy to benefit from the poverty pay of others if your goods remain cheap. Typical Remainer.
Again, who said that they are on poverty pay? You can't just make up a line and then peddle it as the truth, oh I forgot you can, you've built a whole political ideology around it.
(04-20-2020, 01:05 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 12:18 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The reality is that taking away freedom of movement isn't creating any jobs for the locals after all, it was just supporting the economy that we all benefit from.

Yours
Rancid Remoaner

This is actually a pretty rancid line. You're happy to benefit from the poverty pay of others if your goods remain cheap. Typical Remainer.

They love having Polish people cleaning their toilets too, but they're not racist in any shape or form.
(04-21-2020, 08:07 AM)HomersBelly Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 01:05 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Yours
Rancid Remoaner

They love having Polish people cleaning their toilets too, but they're not racist in any shape or form.

I think you are very confused. In heavily remain areas like Lambeth, there wasn't a lot of financial resources available to employ Polish people to clean their toilets.

Without wishing to go down the rabbit hole signposted Brexit, there were huge misunderstandings of the 'opposition' by both camps. And Brexiteers were particularly guilty of believing that everyone who lived in big cities spent their day walking gold paved streets, drinking expensive coffee, whilst they pondered what exotic and expensive food they were going to eat for their evening meal.
I had to get rid of my Polish cleaner when I happened to call in at our gatehouse and found her, the au-pair and the butler involved in a threesome.