McClean
He is a fucking idiot so glad dreamkiller has him now .0))))))
(03-27-2020, 06:00 AM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 11:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 11:06 PM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 11:03 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 10:26 PM)Squid Wrote: You know those blokes who went to a Army open day once and subsequently pretend they were in the SAS forevermore and are obsessed with all things military?

McClean is like that, but for the Provos.

He was a child when the Troubles finished. He won't have seen anyone in a balaclava except in photos and yet he cracks on like he was best mates with Bobby Sands. It's cringeworthy.

He’s just an idiot still fighting a war that ended years ago, like the sad English twats who love Rangers/Celtic.

‘A war that ended years ago’ - you’re more ignorant than anyone.

Perhaps, but I’m mature enough not to piss my pants over a footballer’s Instagram post.

You’re making yourself look a right twat pal.

Coming from you I consider that a compliment.
It was stupid. He is stupid.
(03-27-2020, 01:41 AM)Cuzer Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 10:26 PM)Squid Wrote: You know those blokes who went to a Army open day once and subsequently pretend they were in the SAS forevermore and are obsessed with all things military?

He was a child when the Troubles finished. He won't have seen anyone in a balaclava except in photos and yet he cracks on like he was best mates with Bobby Sands. It's cringeworthy.

He’s just an idiot still fighting a war that ended years ago, like the sad English twats who love Rangers/Celtic.

Ended years ago, Jesus H Christ, try telling that to the majority of Northern Ireland

How fucking pig ignorant

Cuzer

The MAJORITY of Northern Ireland? Have you spoken to them all? Is this another of your famous ITKs that you can’t tell anyone about?

So there is still a heavily armed British force on the streets of Belfast? Roadblocks on every corner? Military zones? Nightly riots? Sustained bombing campaigns both over there and here? Why isn’t the news reporting this???

I’m no expert on this but it looks more to me like a few fringe elements still having a pop at each other than anything you’ve described...
I thought it was brilliant, teaching his kids the truth.

What a bunch of snowflakes.
The troubles, history , oppression of 'his people' and fightback against an 'enemy' are too closely bound into McCleans psyche, neighbourhood and family. He can't get away from it even if he wanted to, which seems unlikely.

Given his social media position and influence, he may also be under pressure to publicly show he still cares about such issues. Add to that he is not considered the brightest, he just cannot process the argument whereby him staying quiet and avoiding controversy would on balance be more beneficial to him.

Oh well, I'm sure he'll do something charitable in a few weeks and then be controversial again in the summer. And repeat...
(03-27-2020, 09:01 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 01:41 AM)Cuzer Wrote:

Ended years ago, Jesus H Christ, try telling that to the majority of Northern Ireland

How fucking pig ignorant

Cuzer

The MAJORITY of Northern Ireland? Have you spoken to them all? Is this another of your famous ITKs that you can’t tell anyone about?

So there is still a heavily armed British force on the streets of Belfast? Roadblocks on every corner? Military zones? Nightly riots? Sustained bombing campaigns both over there and here? Why isn’t the news reporting this???

I’m no expert on this but it looks more to me like a few fringe elements still having a pop at each other than anything you’ve described...

Almost zero integration between the two communities.

Sectarian violence almost every night.

You know fuck all about the situation - stop making yourself look a prick pal.
Sorry, but "almost zero integration" and "the majority of Northern Ireland" is just not true.

There's certainly fringe elements where violence takes place and an underlying tension beyond those fringe elements, but the truth is somewhere between "nothing is happening" and the war zone that you're portraying.
(03-27-2020, 09:53 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 09:22 AM)Sliced Wrote: Sorry, but "almost zero integration" and "the majority of Northern Ireland" is just not true.

There's certainly fringe elements where violence takes place and an underlying tension beyond those fringe elements, but the truth is somewhere between "nothing is happening" and the war zone that you're portraying.

There are terrorist incidents and crimes in the UK, but the UK is not in a war, and there is not a war in Northern Ireland either - to suggest there is shows no understanding of the term 'war' but there are certainly plenty of sectarian minded people like mclean and his ilk and loyalist and his ilk (two sides of the same damaged coin) that perpetuate a difficult historic situation - best they all shut up really

Exactly this, but unfortuntely, it ain't hppening any time soon. Whatever the context of the post by McClean, it doesn't reflect well on him (again), and just means that the hatred is likely to continue on for yet another generation through his kids.
(03-27-2020, 09:22 AM)Sliced Wrote: Sorry, but "almost zero integration" and "the majority of Northern Ireland" is just not true.

The majority of housing is divided (94% in Belfast)

The schools are separate.

The only real breakdown is that the workplace is now more mixed - although you still get Catholic & Protestant firms.

Most of the current sectarian violence is kept out of the msm - unless it's journalists getting murdered on the Bog and that sort of thing.