Bletchley Park
Well worth a visit for those that haven't been. Especially those with a science/mathematics/history interest. Went with the eldest boy and my old man today.
I watched the imitation game again the other week. Great film

A subtitled filum I can recommend is land of mine 

Trailer —->. https://youtu.be/4Kao3t0NBMU

The whole film is currently on YouTube if you want to watch it.
A rather enigmatic place.
(03-08-2020, 10:07 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I watched the imitation game again the other week. Great film

A subtitled filum I can recommend is land of mine 

Trailer —->. https://youtu.be/4Kao3t0NBMU

The whole film is currently on YouTube if you want to watch it.

Great film. Although by all accounts Turing and Commander Denniston (played by Charles Dance) had a really good relationship (not the one portrayed in the film). Unfortunately to increase the drama of the film they give him baddie status. It appears he was a humble man and good leader in real life.
Went last year with the family and a fascinating day out.

Managed to spend far too long in the exhibit on racing pigeons in the war!

Quite humbling to thing how many lives were saved.
I've bored everyone with this before but my dad was there late 1944-45.He was a Japanese code breaker. He died in February 2017 aged 91. He's on their roll of honour

John Walwyn Statham 1925-2017
(03-08-2020, 11:43 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: I've bored everyone with this before but my dad was there late 1944-45.He was a Japanese code breaker. He died in February 2017 aged 91. He's on their roll of honour

John Walwyn Statham   1925-2017

Fantastic. We owe a debt of gratitude.

You must be very proud.
(03-08-2020, 11:43 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: I've bored everyone with this before but my dad was there late 1944-45.He was a Japanese code breaker. He died in February 2017 aged 91. He's on their roll of honour

John Walwyn Statham   1925-2017

Nice one mate. Must have been a fascinating place to work.
Fuck VAR
It’s shameful that Turing was treated so appallingly after the war by the authorities.