Krov starts
Instead of Barry and we win that game. 

Hindsight and all that.
Bruntys game improved massively when Krov came on
Playing a flat 3 of Barry, Brunt and Harper was very Pulisesque. Krov came on in the number 10 role and changed the dynamics of the game.
Can understand why he didn't start though. Has played a lot of football lately
(03-03-2020, 09:55 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Instead of Barry and we win that game. 

Hindsight and all that.

Absolutely. As I said in another thread, should have been Barry OR Brunt, def not both. Harper couldn't do the running of 2 men.
Has to be said, Newcastle have some lightning fast players up front, I think they're have caused our first team problems.
(03-03-2020, 10:49 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Has to be said, Newcastle have some lightning fast players up front, I think they're have caused our first team problems.

Interestingly they haven't caused many Premier League teams problems this season. Whether that's Bruce's tactics or up against better quality defenders... probably a bit of both.
I do wonder how much it would cost to sign Krovinovic in the summer, I'd imagine he'd look a lot better in the Premier League
(03-03-2020, 10:55 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 10:49 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Has to be said, Newcastle have some lightning fast players up front, I think they're have caused our first team problems.

Interestingly they haven't caused many Premier League teams problems this season. Whether that's Bruce's tactics or up against better quality defenders... probably a bit of both.

Bruce's tactics for sure... 5-4-1 and playing Joelinton, who has never had a decent strike record up top alone and with limited support is lunacy. 

I was really unimpressed with Newcastle. They have some quality players but Bruce doesn't seem to have them drilled or organised to make the best of their assets. He's seemingly assembled a talented squad who he shoe-horns into a 4-4-2 and says "sit there, work hard and if you get a break, run"

Would be interested to see what a better manager would do with that squad.