West Ham Fans
Had they forgotten how to sing? Because other than the blowing bubbles bollox at the start of each half, I never heard them. I see what they mean, when they say the stadium ain't got no soul.
(01-26-2020, 08:25 AM)Hermit Throstle Wrote: Had they forgotten how to sing? Because other than the blowing bubbles bollox at the start of each half, I never heard them. I see what they mean, when they say the stadium ain't got no soul.

A stadium move destroys your support
They do this weird shriek noise when they pick them ball up on the half way line.

A mate on the half way line said that it was like we were the home team.
(01-26-2020, 08:48 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 08:25 AM)Hermit Throstle Wrote: Had they forgotten how to sing? Because other than the blowing bubbles bollox at the start of each half, I never heard them. I see what they mean, when they say the stadium ain't got no soul.

Yeah like 58,000
(01-26-2020, 10:35 AM)Mr Jingles Wrote:

Yeah like 58,000

I said support, not attendance. There is a difference.
Ultimately, it wasn't designed to be a football ground - and it shows.
“Football in a library” Big Grin
Sat in the West Ham end earlier season for the Nodge game.

Having sat in nearly every London home stand I must say that West Ham supports don’t seem to have a clear about the game of football or even polite society for that matter.

A football ground is like the most loved family home. It takes a long, long time to even start to feel anything like at home at a new place. 

Once you've been there for 22 years like we have then you start to accumulate more and more supporters who never knew the old place, but for some, there'll always be a yearning for the old girl and a lot of resentment towards the owners who took her away.

We all know that the new stadiums are plastic in body and soul, just like football itself nowadays. If they ever suggest moving from the Hawthorns, I'd recommend mass resistance from the second the idea is first muted. Don't let it build a head of steam else you'll never stand a chance of stopping it..
(01-26-2020, 12:24 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

A football ground is like the most loved family home. It takes a long, long time to even start to feel anything like at home at a new place. 

Once you've been there for 22 years like we have then you start to accumulate more and more supporters who never knew the old place, but for some, there'll always be a yearning for the old girl and a lot of resentment towards the owners who took her away.

We all know that the new stadiums are plastic in body and soul, just like football itself nowadays. If they ever suggest moving from the Hawthorns, I'd recommend mass resistance from the second the idea is first muted. Don't let it build a head of steam else you'll never stand a chance of stopping it..

In general, I think you are right about the newer fans accepting it because they don't know anything else. In time, I'm sure the new surroundings are eventually adopted fondly. In West Ham's case though, the ground wasn't built for football and it shows. I really don't think it'll ever be a home unless they are allowed to adapt it to become a football ground. Their old dump at least had character and history.
 I was as comfortable in the old Brummie Rd as I was in me ould mom's kitchen. Knew everyone who stood in that area. The move to seating was a culture shock for me, but it doesn't even compare to moving to a new stadium.