Bowen bid made
Hull will be well aware that Leeds are the perennial bottlers. £3M now and guaranteed £15 if they get promotion. What if they don’t?
(01-17-2020, 08:10 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Hull will be well aware that Leeds are the perennial bottlers. £3M now and guaranteed £15 if they get promotion. What if they don’t?

Good point. What bid will do is smoke out any other interest in Bowen.
(01-17-2020, 08:10 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Hull will be well aware that Leeds are the perennial bottlers. £3M now and guaranteed £15 if they get promotion. What if they don’t?

They’ve got the same get-out option as us.  We would sell Pereira and they’d sell Kelvin Phillips.  Both would fetch north of £20m.  Nice position to be in.

He goes back to Hull, has 12 months left on his contract, and they sell him for 15m plus to a range of suitors, no risk on their part

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Best way for fans to deal with transfer rumours is to wait until the window closes.
(01-17-2020, 08:50 AM)Cuzer Wrote:

He goes back to Hull, has 12 months left on his contract, and they sell him for 15m plus to a range of suitors, no risk on their part

Cuzer

Exactly.

Hull in a no lose situation, unless of course they believe it's worth taking the gamble of keeping him and trying to make the play-offs over taking a £3m bonus ball.

Given they've been desperate to move on Grosicki's 25k/wk wages, I expect they may be tempted into doing this deal late in the window if it fails to encourage other interest out.

I'm genuinely shocked Villa haven't come in for him. He's a Villa supporter, can clearly score goals, and would be ideal if they get relegated too.

£15m for Bowen or £10m for a 27y/o with a whole host of work permit complications....
(01-17-2020, 09:14 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Cuzer

Exactly.

Hull in a no lose situation, unless of course they believe it's worth taking the gamble of keeping him and trying to make the play-offs over taking a £3m bonus ball.

Given they've been desperate to move on Grosicki's 25k/wk wages, I expect they may be tempted into doing this deal late in the window if it fails to encourage other interest out.

I'm genuinely shocked Villa haven't come in for him. He's a Villa supporter, can clearly score goals, and would be ideal if they get relegated too.

£15m for Bowen or £10m for a 27y/o with a whole host of work permit complications....
Hopefully no one from Seal Park reads this board. Big Grin
(01-17-2020, 09:14 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Cuzer

Exactly.

Being three points off playoffs, I'd be fuming if I was a Hull fan and they let him go. Without him it will be very difficult for them to make the playoffs.

However, I think they will let him go
He is not a Villa fan according to this. Watch from about 1m 5secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAF1d1gXaj0
(01-17-2020, 09:29 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: He is not a Villa fan according to this. Watch from about 1m 5secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAF1d1gXaj0

Anyone who goes out of their way to clarify that they're not a Villa fan is alright by me.

You could almost hear the disgust in his voice Big Grin