We missed Diangana
(12-21-2019, 09:38 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Not everything is rosie in the camp at the moment, I'm not sure if this is resulting in our drop off in form. This idea that the teams we have played recently are good teams is a smoke screen. We have simply lost a lot of our drive and energy of late.
Bilic has to address the background issues - they grow every week. Tulloch - Ferguson - Hegaz linked to moving away. Diangana staying/going, Pereira not signed yet, Harper and Zohore have disappeared. Several U23's out of contract. In Bilic we trust, but big decisions are looming.

Whilst I don’t agree with the sentiment there’s lots wrong behind the scenes, I think there are some fair points here. 

Whilst our results don’t show a loss of form, there is an element of staleness creeping into our play, and we seem to have been a lot more like last season with a reliance on individual brilliance of net points as oppose to the overall team play that was so strong until the last month or so.

I don’t agree that there’s disharmony in the side as the sheer number of games we continue to come back in, and how united the lads look on the pitch suggests it’s a strong dressing room, though whilst I imagine there are a few who are unhappy with their game time, overall it seems the majority are happy and bought into the Bilic revolution. 

That being said, I do too we need a bit of a lift again, as there was a nervousness around the place yesterday, and I felt the atmosphere was far from supportive. We seemed too quick to jump on players’  backs when mistakes happened or things didn’t come off instead of the overwhelmingly supportive atmosphere for most of the season.

O’Shea, Ferguson or Edwards signing an extension, the Periera deal being completed, or Bowen being announced would do this IMO...
(12-21-2019, 09:38 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Not everything is rosie in the camp at the moment, I'm not sure if this is resulting in our drop off in form. This idea that the teams we have played recently are good teams is a smoke screen. We have simply lost a lot of our drive and energy of late.
Bilic has to address the background issues - they grow every week. Tulloch - Ferguson - Hegaz linked to moving away. Diangana staying/going, Pereira not signed yet, Harper and Zohore have disappeared. Several U23's out of contract. In Bilic we trust, but big decisions are looming.

Remi, why is it a smokescreen to recognise the opposition have played well against us? Form is temporary no matter what team you are, sometimes you win well sometimes you struggle but still win. That’s sport for you, the best find a way. 

You don’t have to over empathise problems almost every club will have over a season.
(12-22-2019, 12:24 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Whilst I don’t agree with the sentiment there’s lots wrong behind the scenes, I think there are some fair points here. 

Whilst our results don’t show a loss of form, there is an element of staleness creeping into our play, and we seem to have been a lot more like last season with a reliance on individual brilliance of net points as oppose to the overall team play that was so strong until the last month or so.

I don’t agree that there’s disharmony in the side as the sheer number of games we continue to come back in, and how united the lads look on the pitch suggests it’s a strong dressing room, though whilst I imagine there are a few who are unhappy with their game time, overall it seems the majority are happy and bought into the Bilic revolution. 

That being said, I do too we need a bit of a lift again, as there was a nervousness around the place yesterday, and I felt the atmosphere was far from supportive. We seemed too quick to jump on players’  backs when mistakes happened or things didn’t come off instead of the overwhelmingly supportive atmosphere for most of the season.

O’Shea, Ferguson or Edwards signing an extension, the Periera deal being completed, or Bowen being announced would do this IMO...

I never said there's lots wrong behind the scenes. I never said we had a loss in form, a dip / drop off was what I said over the last few games which is almost what you have said. I never said any disharmony is showing either. We are mentally strong as a team, our abilty to strike back at the opposition clearly shows that. 
We certainly need a lift, I never ever criticize any of our players performances, but a few have had a dip in the high standards they were producing. We are the best team in the league and the table does not lie as they say. The last few results IMO have not been because we have been playing so called good teams, it's down to us.
(12-22-2019, 01:21 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

I never said there's lots wrong behind the scenes. I never said we had a loss in form, a dip / drop off was what I said over the last few games which is almost what you have said. I never said any disharmony is showing either. We are mentally strong as a team, our abilty to strike back at the opposition clearly shows that. 
We certainly need a lift, I never ever criticize any of our players performances, but a few have had a dip in the high standards they were producing. We are the best team in the league and the table does not lie as they say. The last few results IMO have not been because we have been playing so called good teams, it's down to us.

Are you on a massive wind up?
After a brilliant 6 game winning run we’ve now had a draw, a win and a draw. It’s hardly concerning, considering it’s just maintaining the gap to 3rd.
Blues was a gritty win and if Austin was onside in the 90th minute yesterday we’d be writing a completely different story.
Brentford, in my opinion, will be there at the end and we’ll consider that a decent point.
Barnsley a big test as they’re improving.
(12-22-2019, 01:32 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 01:21 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

Are you on a massive wind up?

WWHO massive wind sums you up.
My only concern with yesterday was how lethargic and complacent we looked a lot of our usual crisp accurate passing was tired and positively lazy at times and Brentford seemed to mop all almost all the 2nd balls to put us on the back foot again, hoping this was just a bad day at the office performance wise but took pleasure in another point gained from a poor performance, maybe now is the time to rest a couple and give others a chance to stake a claim just to nip any long term complacent thoughts in the bud, one things for sure Jan is a crucial month for us on and off the pitch and will go long way to defining our season, stay unbeaten and maintain and decent gap to 3rd place and we'll be almost there, but loose a couple with no wins and let he gap shrink and it may be squeaky bum time. In Slav we trust.
I really think we are underplaying Brentfords role yesterday rather than us being "poor".

The stream I watched (ifollow on iptv) had commentary by Brentford and their guys were saying it was easily their best performance of the season, and also gave us plenty of praise.
(12-22-2019, 02:09 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: I really think we are underplaying Brentfords role yesterday rather than us being "poor".

The stream I watched (ifollow on iptv) had commentary by Brentford and their guys were saying it was easily their best performance of the season, and also gave us plenty of praise.

Agreed Brentford by far the best side we've faced up here so far this season.
(12-22-2019, 02:09 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: I really think we are underplaying Brentfords role yesterday rather than us being "poor".

Exactly but remember there is only ever one team on the pitch and it’s never the opposition! It cannot possibly be the opposition playing well.