Oldbury viaduct
Just driven through it on my way to the game. Full 3 lanes open North and South (albeit with speed restrictions) and traffic is flowing well.

Great engineering job. Merry Christmas  Smile
Finally. Taken about 5 years
Thats one less excuse for the No shows
(12-21-2019, 02:11 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Finally. Taken about 5 years

It’s a very complex piece of engineering
The traffic around that island today was the worst I've ever seen it total chaos
(12-21-2019, 01:41 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Just driven through it on my way to the game. Full 3 lanes open North and South (albeit with speed restrictions) and traffic is flowing well.

Problem being, and sorry to go all MCW about it is; give them 4, 6 or 8 lanes? I've done the Alanta connector which is 10 lanes. That was rubbish in a designed city.

Openning the M5 to 4 lanes, means more vehicles, more traffic, more pollution.....

More lanes, more road users, more problems. 

The effective way to solve travel around Birmingham is to purchase the toll road off the Australians and make it free.
Have they left the speed limit and cameras in place to make a few more quid?
(12-21-2019, 08:44 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Have they left the speed limit and cameras in place to make a few more quid?

At the moment, yes, because there is a reduced speed limit whilst technology is calibrated.
(12-21-2019, 08:10 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 01:41 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Just driven through it on my way to the game. Full 3 lanes open North and South (albeit with speed restrictions) and traffic is flowing well.

Problem being, and sorry to go all MCW about it is; give them 4, 6 or 8 lanes? I've done the Alanta connector which is 10 lanes. That was rubbish in a designed city.

Openning the M5 to 4 lanes, means more vehicles, more traffic, more pollution.....

More lanes, more road users, more problems. 

The effective way to solve travel around Birmingham is to purchase the toll road off the Australians and make it free.
Or just bloody compulsory purchase it at the regular derisory rate.
(12-21-2019, 08:59 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 08:44 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Have they left the speed limit and cameras in place to make a few more quid?

At the moment, yes, because there is a reduced speed limit whilst waiting for the bloke who switches the signs on and off to return after his xmas holidays

edited for you