Match thread
(12-14-2019, 01:15 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 01:12 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Ferguson FFS. Wasting possession misreading tackles and fucking about with it.

He's probably thinking about the alleged Juventus & Atletico Madrid interest, according to the commentator.   Rolleyes

He's definitely going off the boil at the minute. Also strangely I think he's been better at LB this season than RB.

No doubt his contract situation is starting to have an effect.
Is this the same team that thrashed Swansea?Looking so disorganised and sloppy. Defence is all over the place.
Ahh well I guess it proves we're not a 3 man team after all, since they've not really done much better than the ones against Wigan.
For the umpteenth time this season we are slack going into the second half. Too many playing on reputation out there. They need to get back to working their bollocks off. This is a worse side than Wigan and yet we are lucky to not be behind. We have the talent but you will win fuck all without the work rate.
They need a rocket -- Again!
He's doing exactly what I expect a young player to do to be honest. Have good games and off games. Bellingham has made things very difficult for him so far but he's still been OK today IMO

If we score one I think we'll get a few more, although that's trickier without Diangana
Blues have got in our faces and controlled a lot of this game. Sunjic is keeping Livermore and Sawyers busy and we seem very lethargic with long punts over the top our only weapon.

Fingers crossed Diangana is only a short term one like Gibbs, as could really do without him being out for a couple of months, even if it does lessen his chances of being recalled.

I’d be tempted to match them up 442 if the game carries on like this, Dean has HRK in his pocket and their young CB isn’t being tested.
Get Furlong on at half time and switch Ferguson to left back.
(12-14-2019, 01:20 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 01:15 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 01:12 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Ferguson FFS. Wasting possession misreading tackles and fucking about with it.

He's probably thinking about the alleged Juventus & Atletico Madrid interest, according to the commentator.   Rolleyes

He's definitely going off the boil at the minute. Also strangely I think he's been better at LB this season than RB.

No doubt his contract situation is starting to have an effect.

Having him and Townsend in is really killing a lot of our attacking play, I’d be very tempted to bring Furlong on for him and have Townsend staying back.
Derby game. Always scrappy.

We cant - and shouldnt - expect to play with flare in every game. Players get tired, opponents change their approach, psychology plays a huge role too, hammering Swansea and Bristol can have a negative effect. That's something English football has never grapsed; winning is hugely about psychology.

It wouldnt worry me at all if we had a half dozen average games and a few defeats. What matters is staying in the top few places and then, come end January, we re-find our flair and get up a fresh head of steam and start to batter people again.
(12-14-2019, 01:26 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: Derby game. Always scrappy.

We cant - and shouldnt - expect to play with flare in every game. Players get tired, opponents change their approach, psychology plays a huge role too, hammering Swansea and Bristol can have a negative effect. That's something English football has never grapsed; winning is hugely about psychology.

It wouldnt worry me at all if we had a half dozen average games and a few defeats. What matters is staying in the top few places and then, come end January, we re-find our flair and get up a fresh head of steam and start to batter people again.

Good points. To be honest I'd have taken a draw at Wigan and a draw with the noses today before kick off in either game. Even more so after kick off!