Down to Earth, we weren't good today...
(12-08-2019, 06:00 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 05:55 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: They had a go, will do ok, but many of us were nervous until the HRK goal. After that we all felt more comfortable.
Second half they just didn’t turn up. Score line a fair reflection of our domination.
They’ll be a few more hidings like that to others this season.

Out of interest, where were these many nervous people situated?

I'd be interested to know also. 

We were by far the better team and were always going to win. Swansea had a few half chances and passed the ball a bit but that was it.
(12-08-2019, 06:02 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 06:00 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 05:55 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: They had a go, will do ok, but many of us were nervous until the HRK goal. After that we all felt more comfortable.
Second half they just didn’t turn up. Score line a fair reflection of our domination.
They’ll be a few more hidings like that to others this season.

Out of interest, where were these many nervous people situated?

I'd be interested to know also. 

We were by far the better team and were always going to win. Swansea had a few half chances and passed the ball a bit but that was it.

To be honest all I heard was positive comments and confidence. A lot of it even before kick off.
I think hindsight is great after we've whupped them, but they had a fair few corners first half and we didn't deal great with all of them, like the goal and it was clear that the pendulum swung their way for a few minutes leading up to HRK's goal. Maybe nervous wasn't the right term, but most of us old enough have seen 2 goal leads disappear and a game change to be a mirror opposite will never feel totally comfortable until we get 3 goals ahead.
Swansea, imho, were a threat first half. Second they offered nothing.
(12-08-2019, 06:16 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I think hindsight is great after we've whupped them, but they had a fair few corners first half and we didn't deal great with all of them, like the goal and it was clear that the pendulum swung their way for a few minutes leading up to HRK's goal. Maybe nervous wasn't the right term, but most of us old enough have seen 2 goal leads disappear and a game change to be a mirror opposite will never feel totally comfortable until we get 3 goals ahead.

I’d agree with... when they made it 2-1 they had spell of pressure where previous Albion sides would have conceded again, however this team seems to have a knack of grabbing goals at important times and as soon as Hal made it 3 I always felt we’d win.

Second half Swansea just collapsed. No idea what Cooper said at HT but second half we could have had any score we’d wanted. They were well beaten, and even the ref took pity on them only adding 2 mins on.
(12-08-2019, 07:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 06:16 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I think hindsight is great after we've whupped them, but they had a fair few corners first half and we didn't deal great with all of them, like the goal and it was clear that the pendulum swung their way for a few minutes leading up to HRK's goal. Maybe nervous wasn't the right term, but most of us old enough have seen 2 goal leads disappear and a game change to be a mirror opposite will never feel totally comfortable until we get 3 goals ahead.

I’d agree with... when they made it 2-1 they had spell of pressure where previous Albion sides would have conceded again, however this team seems to have a knack of grabbing goals at important times and as soon as Hal made it 3 I always felt we’d win.

Second half Swansea just collapsed. No idea what Cooper said at HT but second half we could have had any score we’d wanted. They were well beaten, and even the ref took pity on them only adding 2 mins on.

Same with the Bristol game. We could have caved in and let them equalise. We found another gear and grabbed a goal, like today. 

This team is not only easy on the eye, they're very professional and manage games excellently.
Clarnet v2.0

The spell between the Swans goal and our 3rd was 5 mins. Beside that they had a  spell early in the first half of some decent but not very threatening passes and a couple of corners right on top of SJ. 
They were ok at best and were completely outplayed. Never, for one single minute did I think we would not win the game.

Yes! Bizarre. Head injury to Bartley, Hamstring for Gibbs, 2 goals, 5 subs......2 mins?
Anyway, without trying to sound arrogant, many sides give us a game  1st 45, then are too knackered to compete 2nd half.

It's in the Albion DNA to be nervous even when 3 up!

Nowt to do with hindsight. Everyone I spoke to were confident of winning before the game and during. It ain't like we aren't used to conceding a goal at home. You must sit in doubters corner.
(12-08-2019, 08:04 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Nowt to do with hindsight. Everyone I spoke to were confident of winning before the game and during. It ain't like we aren't used to conceding a goal at home. You must sit in doubters corner.

Even I'm confident we'll win any game we play this season. I just can't see where our next defeat is coming. I'm so confident in this team. 

I don't like it!
Clarnet v2.0