Swansea Memories
Apart from the play off the only other time I have been to Swansea was a Friday night 0-0 (same season???) a few Cardiff fans in our end doing that ayatollah malarky
Loads of trouble that day, quite a few Albion getting their own back on the Swans fans for the return leg, we were woeful given how well we had been playing and that late goal was a total lifeline not many there sensed coming

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(12-05-2019, 07:42 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: IIRC we arrived on the outskirts on Swansea over an hour before kick off, to be kept in a shitty industrial estate before being given a guided tour of the area by South Wales plod, finally being dropped off outside the ground at 5 to 3...this of course allowed plenty of time to get in!!!

The coach we were on then got bricked by the lovely Swans fans after the match...

Aye. Same happened to coach I was on. Help up cos of lots of trouble occurring further ahead.
(12-05-2019, 08:04 PM)4-hero Wrote: Apart from the play off the only other time I have been to Swansea was a Friday night 0-0 (same season???) a few Cardiff fans in our end doing that ayatollah malarky

I was at that game. Season before I think.
The toilets were swimming in piss......worst I've ever come across.
(12-05-2019, 08:04 PM)4-hero Wrote: Apart from the play off the only other time I have been to Swansea was a Friday night 0-0 (same season???) a few Cardiff fans in our end doing that ayatollah malarky

I remember a Friday night 0-0 under Barmy Bobby. Grim days.
(12-05-2019, 08:16 PM)tiptontown Wrote:

I was at that game. Season before I think.
The toilets were swimming in piss......worst I've ever come across.
It was. I was at both games that season. Think the league game was 1-1?

Cardiff had played on the Friday night, and came along to kick the English. It went off outside the prison, IIRC ?
Always felt they were a bogey side for us. They were Div 4 when they beat us in the FAC

The Barmy season was a 0-0 away and dire 2-3 home defeat. At least we reacted by signing Superbob

The P.O. year was 0-0 away and a 3-0 midweek win around Easter. Andy Legge always seemed their best player
(12-05-2019, 09:50 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: Always felt they were a bogey side for us. They were Div 4 when they beat us in the FAC

The Barmy season was a 0-0 away and dire 2-3 home defeat. At least we reacted by signing Superbob

The P.O. year was 0-0 away and a 3-0 midweek win around Easter. Andy Legge always seemed their best player
I remember Simon Garner coming off in the league game at The Vetch. Nasty ankle injury, I think.
No mention for the Worst Penalty Ever last year? A barmy match. They were all over us, but couldn't score.
How about 3-3 at home in the early 80s ?

Or the game at home in the early 90s under Gould (2-2 ??) When Graham Roberts scored a screamer ?