Not deliberate handball say VAR today
re Alexander-Arnold....Mmmm...thought the rule had been changed by EUFA to if the ball hits the arm it's a pen??   Disgraceful.

Who was on the panel, a bunch of scousers?
An absolute disgrace.

VAR is as bent as a nine bob note.
(11-10-2019, 07:46 PM)yeoman lai Wrote: An absolute disgrace.

VAR is as bent as a nine bob note.

The same incompetant/bent refs who adjudicate on the pitch are now adjudicating on VAR. No coincidence that the same incompetant/bent decisions are still happening.
….and don't start me on that Sheff Utd disallowed goal. Would they have spent 4 minutes looking for something wrong had it been Spurs that scored? absolute disgrace.
(11-10-2019, 07:52 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: ….and don't start me on that Sheff Utd disallowed goal. Would they have spent 4 minutes looking for something wrong had it been Spurs that scored? absolute disgrace.

For once Lineker spoke some sense last night saying they should go with the ref's decision if they've not been able to make a VAR decision after a minute.

It's bloody atrocious as far as I'm concerned. If you stop instant goal celebrations then you're killing the goose that lays the golden egg. 

If it guaranteed correct decisions 100% of the time then it could at least be justified in some way. But it doesn't, so it can't.
Turning football into rugby.

I went to watch Leicester tigers a couple of years ago and the time it takes for the try decisions absolutely kills any atmosphere/celebrations for scoring.
I'm a long time advocate of VAR but the application of it needs reviewing, no doubt.
There was no way they could have disallowed the Liverpool goal and awarded a penalty to City.

Imagine the candle light vigils and demands to include the injustice as part of future Remembrance Sunday’s.
(11-10-2019, 07:02 PM)Hopalong Wrote: re Alexander-Arnold....Mmmm...thought the rule had been changed by EUFA to if the ball hits the arm it's a pen??   Disgraceful.

Who was on the panel, a bunch of scousers?

Nah, it’s only a pen if the arms in an unnatural position. The law that’s changed is its a free kick if the forward scores with an accidental handball, or creates a goal from it. Defenders handling still has to be deliberate or unnatural position.

I haven’t seen the incident today though.
(11-10-2019, 07:52 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: ….and don't start me on that Sheff Utd disallowed goal. Would they have spent 4 minutes looking for something wrong had it been Spurs that scored? absolute disgrace.

Aint THAT the truth!

Where was the "clear and obvious" error in that Shef Utd goal??? There wasnt one. It should have stood. And, as you say, if the goal had been for Sputs, it would have stood.

VAR is a load of cobblers.