Dingle Subway
(10-03-2019, 01:04 PM)Squid Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 10:48 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...s-17024067

Impressive plans by Villa (I have to say through gritted teeth). Wolves looking to do the same too.

(10-03-2019, 12:22 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:13 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 12:48 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: The potential we have around The Hawthorns is massive. Increasing the stadium and amenities nearby is something the club should do. I suppose it depends on how progressive the owners are

The fact Morrisons opened a big supermarket nearby them closed it would suggest otherwise.
As much as I love the Albion and the town, there is no denying we are based in a shit hole of a location

There’s been places that were once “shit holes” and now thriving. We are part of the community. We can be the change so to speak. Areas in the past have been regenerated

Correct and Villa is in a far bigger hole than us, we're just off a major motorway and yet it's not stopping them planning

Cheshire Oaks was once some tatty fields outside the deeply unimpressive Ellesmere Port, now it's one of the busiest shopping centres in the country. Vision, people vision!

To be fair Villa Park is near the M6 too. But agree overall with your points
This thread is getting surreal, why do we want to build a shopping centre now ?
I think we should build a stage under the middle of the pitch, possibly in the shape of a spaceship, and at half time raise it up and have holograms of now defunct bands covering the genre of world music. I'd start with getting Led Zeppelin, then the Beatles and possibly Earth, Wind and Fire.
This would be relatively simple to anyone with a little imagination and I'm just astonished Lai hasn't sorted it out!
We've no ambition!
(10-03-2019, 01:17 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: This thread is getting surreal, why do we want to build a shopping centre now ?

Why is it surreal to want to use the club as a catalyst for regeneration of an area that could support leisure and retail facilities linked to the football club? Heck Lai builds towns for a living.
(10-03-2019, 04:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 01:17 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: This thread is getting surreal, why do we want to build a shopping centre now ?

Why is it surreal to want to use the club as a catalyst for regeneration of an area that could support leisure and retail facilities linked to the football club? Heck Lai builds towns for a living.

I’d go as far as education facilities. Could we open a college/university in the name of West Bromwich? Gary Neville and the class of 92 are doing something around Manchester similar to what I’ve suggested
(10-03-2019, 04:05 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 04:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I’d go as far as education facilities. Could we open a college/university in the name of West Bromwich? Gary Neville and the class of 92 are doing something around Manchester similar to what I’ve suggested

You clearly know fuck all about the further education sector.  Then again, with the amount bollocks you come out with, I'm not sure what subject area you are clued up on?

Talk of a possible Albion themed Disney Land experiment and ancillary University of West Bromwich Albion should perhaps be tempered by the fact that a) our owner has stated unequivocally that he won't be investing substantially in the club and b) the political regime under which he operates is advocating internal over external investment.

Having closed the fanzone i'm not sure the upper echelons of the club are planning to build Star City mark II.
Build a model village.

That way we can experiment with a second and third tier without the expense and risk.
(10-03-2019, 05:56 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Build a model village.

That way we can experiment with a second and third tier without the expense and risk.

Good idea we can get Dave Gilbert and Stuart Bowen to play.
Could give the pOlEs free tickets for building all these universities and ten pin bowling places #SecondTier
(10-03-2019, 07:10 PM)4-hero Wrote: Could give the pOlEs free tickets for building all these universities and ten pin bowling places #SecondTier

We could reopen Jerry Berry’s Fun Day carpark outside Greggs instead.