Swansea
I watched their game v Charlton last night

They’ve some tidy players and move the ball well but are often open at the back and you can’t seem them having the same quality of Leeds, Fulham and dare I say it us

Decent side but nothing to fear I’d suggest

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Anybody got the league table after 10 games from last season. I've tried googling and failed - just interested to see the early runners last year.
(10-03-2019, 12:39 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Anybody got the league table after 10 games from last season. I've tried googling and failed - just interested to see the early runners last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45609719

Scroll down on the right hand side

Us 
Leeds
Boro
Sheff United
Norwich
Brentford

Top 6
(10-03-2019, 12:32 PM)Sliced Wrote: Against all, and I mean absolutely all, odds. It's been announced that Nathan Jones is still in charge for the Swansea game and apparently has the complete backing of the clubs hierarchy (although that part isn't necessarily true)

There are a number of reports that he actually said his goodbyes on Tuesday after the match. The Oatcake went into meltdown when it was announced that he'd be doing the Swansea press conference today. 

It's clear he thought he was gone. It actually sounds like he'd prefer not to be here now. It's the sort of situation that can only lead to a 5-goal tonking at Swansea. 

How a subsidiary of an ultra-professional money-making machine like Bet365 can be run like this is incredible.
(10-03-2019, 12:47 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:32 PM)Sliced Wrote: Against all, and I mean absolutely all, odds. It's been announced that Nathan Jones is still in charge for the Swansea game and apparently has the complete backing of the clubs hierarchy (although that part isn't necessarily true)

There are a number of reports that he actually said his goodbyes on Tuesday after the match. The Oatcake went into meltdown when it was announced that he'd be doing the Swansea press conference today. 

It's clear he thought he was gone. It actually sounds like he'd prefer not to be here now. It's the sort of situation that can only lead to a 5-goal tonking at Swansea. 

How a subsidiary of an ultra-professional money-making machine like Bet365 can be run like this is incredible.

OR an unexpected 3-0 victory
(10-03-2019, 01:04 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:47 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

OR an unexpected 3-0 victory

3-0 victory? I think you need a licence for that sort of thing.
Seeing Nathen Jones saying he had failed to deliver what was expected of him was refreshing. No blaming every one else. I think he should get until Xmas to get some results going. Not many honest managers about nowadays.
(10-03-2019, 01:34 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Seeing Nathen Jones saying he had failed to deliver what was expected of him was refreshing. No blaming every one else. I think he should get until Xmas to get some results going. Not many honest managers about nowadays.

And me. Minus the 'get some results' part.
(10-03-2019, 01:34 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Seeing Nathen Jones saying he had failed to deliver what was expected of him was refreshing. No blaming every one else. I think he should get until Xmas to get some results going. Not many honest managers about nowadays.

Honesty's fine. Two points out of thirty isn't. 

I'm sure all Albion fans would share your view that he should be allowed up until Christmas FFS.

If you listen to his post match press conferences he's very good at saying that he "takes responsibility" while simultaneously throwing the players under the bus and bigging himself up. It's by design to get sympathy.

And it's worked, because a lot of the fans seem to say he's a good guy who was just in the wrong situation. 

Stoke haven't ruined Nathan Jones as some claim, Nathan Jones is completely out of his depth and has been ruined by a lack of attention to detail and being too stubborn to adapt. It was only last week he was saying "I did the same thing at Luton and had the best win record of any team in Europe other than Man City." He's also constantly yapping about how there's "nothing wrong with the process", "the process is tried and tested" etc.

Well whether it worked or not at Luton, it's clearly it's not worked at Stoke and he's not changed anything. Maybe league one is his level