Team for Leeds...
(09-29-2019, 11:10 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Leeds will be a totally different game to Saturday. I can’t see us having more than 35% possession on Tuesday. So for me I’d play Tuesday, with a deep low block and looking to counter quickly.

Tempted to make 2-3 changes on Tuesday. Possibly HRK for Austin, Krov for Phillips and Edwards for Diangana

FFS
I'm not changing a thing. Why when we are winning and scoring, its our best 11. I think this is Bilic's base squad now

Johnstone
Furlong Ajayi Bartley Ferguson
Livermore Sawyers
Phillips Perreira Diangana
Austin

Bond, Gibbs, O'Shea, Krov, Edwards, HRK, Zahore
(09-29-2019, 05:17 PM)Lightnin Wrote: HRK best game for us was when he came in from the cold last season to face Leeds at home. Fantastic that day, great movement and hold up play. They couldn’t handle his little flicks and tricks on a night where they seemed to keep coming off. Well, I think it was Leeds until one of you corrects me. He should really have got off the mark Saturday and all the goals recently in the reserves and behind closed door games must see him pushing for a start.

Correct, he was excellent that match.

I'm tempted to drop Phillips for Edwards as the former seems to play better at home and we need him in prime form for Cardiff.
(09-29-2019, 10:10 PM)Boutros Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 11:10 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Leeds will be a totally different game to Saturday. I can’t see us having more than 35% possession on Tuesday. So for me I’d play Tuesday, with a deep low block and looking to counter quickly.

Tempted to make 2-3 changes on Tuesday. Possibly HRK for Austin, Krov for Phillips and Edwards for Diangana

FFS

Slav is Bob Bradley and I claim my 'I heart New York' T shirt!  Big Grin
(09-30-2019, 06:20 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 10:10 PM)Boutros Wrote:

FFS

Slav is Bob Bradley and I claim my 'I heart New York' T shirt!  Big Grin

More like Ted Lasso
Only change will be HRK for Austin, it has to be, we need someone who can hold the ball up better. Austin to come on if we go behind. Not a chance i'd take Phillips out even if he has been quiet lately, Edwards has been good but he's still raw and Leeds will likely dominate the ball still so we need Phillips industry.
(09-30-2019, 08:44 AM)aj21 Wrote: Only change will be HRK for Austin, it has to be, we need someone who can hold the ball up better. Austin to come on if we go behind. Not a chance i'd take Phillips out even if he has been quiet lately, Edwards has been good but he's still raw and Leeds will likely dominate the ball still so we need Phillips industry.

Agreed.
Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa spoke to the media ahead of Tuesday’s Sky Bet Championship fixture with West Bromwich Albion.

The Whites are looking to get back to winning ways at Elland Road, following Saturday’s defeat at Charlton Athletic.

West Brom come into the game sitting at the top of the table and Bielsa is expecting a difficult match.

“West Brom have six players who have impact when they have possession, the two full-backs, the two wingers, the centre-forward and playmaker,” said Bielsa.

“As well as these six players, they have two defensive midfielders who manage the ball well.

“Out of all of the matches we have played so far, this opponent will be the most difficult opponent to defend against.

“We will think about how we played against West Brom in the last match at Elland Road and they will think of how they played against us when they were at home.

“We are always forced to win after one defeat more, we are playing against the top of the table at home and we always find reasons.”

Bielsa also gave an update on injuries ahead of the fixture with the Baggies.

He said: “Pablo Hernandez and Adam Forshaw will probably not be in the group.

“Pablo Hernandez is finishing his recovery.

“I can’t say he will be available for Millwall, we will have to wait and see how the recovery goes.

“You always miss a player like Pablo when he is not in the team, but we are in good condition to put another player in to replace him.

“The offensive game played against Derby was the same against Charlton which is proof of that, in both games we created enough chances to score.

“Of course we miss Pablo, but the team can resolve his absence.

“In the last match before the international break Adam had a little problem, which he cannot solve at all.”
Hernandez missing is a big bonus for us.
Robson-Kanu was excellent against them last season at the Hawthorns. But he also started the game at Elland Road last season too.
(09-30-2019, 12:12 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa spoke to the media ahead of Tuesday’s Sky Bet Championship fixture with West Bromwich Albion.

The Whites are looking to get back to winning ways at Elland Road, following Saturday’s defeat at Charlton Athletic.

West Brom come into the game sitting at the top of the table and Bielsa is expecting a difficult match.

“West Brom have six players who have impact when they have possession, the two full-backs, the two wingers, the centre-forward and playmaker,” said Bielsa.

“As well as these six players, they have two defensive midfielders who manage the ball well.

“Out of all of the matches we have played so far, this opponent will be the most difficult opponent to defend against.

“We will think about how we played against West Brom in the last match at Elland Road and they will think of how they played against us when they were at home.

“We are always forced to win after one defeat more, we are playing against the top of the table at home and we always find reasons.”

Bielsa also gave an update on injuries ahead of the fixture with the Baggies.

He said: “Pablo Hernandez and Adam Forshaw will probably not be in the group.

“Pablo Hernandez is finishing his recovery.

“I can’t say he will be available for Millwall, we will have to wait and see how the recovery goes.

“You always miss a player like Pablo when he is not in the team, but we are in good condition to put another player in to replace him.

“The offensive game played against Derby was the same against Charlton which is proof of that, in both games we created enough chances to score.

“Of course we miss Pablo, but the team can resolve his absence.

“In the last match before the international break Adam had a little problem, which he cannot solve at all.”

I'd say Sawyers has more impact on the ball than those six.