5pm and properly top
I wasn’t expecting that. 
What a great start to the season this is. Lay down a marker at Leeds in midweek and let’s tear up this league.
We’ve the squad to do it!
We've not even been at our best very often either with the team still bedding in.

Really think this might be a special season. Beat Leeds Tuesday and I think we Coul d be breaking records.
Did anyone see/hear Ferguson's comment after the game when asked about Tuesday's game at Leeds? He said ""We're confident. We know Leeds have a good squad but we're definitely confident."

Got me worried now Big Grin
When I saw the fixtures I thought one of Leeds and Swansea were dead certs to win today, but this league strikes again! As long as you average 2 points a game, you'll get the top 2 spots.

Full credit to Bilic and the team, to come through the summer we've had with the churn of players and injuries to key men and be top after 9 games is excellent, especially given it feel we've a lot more in the tank.
Today was our best performance. Previously performances haven't really impressed, overall.

The key is, as a team we look very dangerous in periods. Compare that to this time last year, when we played poor we were bailed out by individuals. Not this season, we feel more like a team. 

I can honestly see us clicking as a unit and smashing this league. Then the pessimistic twat kicks in, and can see us throwing simple games away and making it difficult!
Clarnet v2.0
It feels better than last year.

Jan will be key. Can we keep our loan players (not sure if any can be recalled) and add a Gayle-esque finisher to the squad?
(09-28-2019, 05:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: It feels better than last year.

Jan will be key. Can we keep our loan players (not sure if any can be recalled) and add a Gayle-esque finisher to the squad?

Think only Diangana can be recalled, so hopefully we can keep hold of him.

As Cuzer has alluded to, one thing that could derail us is the mandatory buy terms in Periera’s loan, and our board’s willingness to take the £9m hit.

There’s definitely money to replace Diangana and get a striker in though.
So long as promotion looks likely we'll happily buy Perreria I imagine, he's showing his class every time he steps on the pitch.

Can;t see West Ham recalling Diangana, most of their fans feel he needs a full season here, there isn't a lot of pressure on them to do something to improve urgently as it stands, he'l lbe here all season.
(09-28-2019, 05:09 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 05:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: It feels better than last year.

Think only Diangana can be recalled, so hopefully we can keep hold of him.

As Cuzer has alluded to, one thing that could derail us is the mandatory buy terms in Periera’s loan, and our board’s willingness to take the £9m hit.

There’s definitely money to replace Diangana and get a striker in though.
Not sure I follow on Periera? Do we not have to make a decision on him at the end of the season? I would sign him like a shot, if only to immediately sell him for a profit. £9M is a steal.
Pereira is loving it, his reaction to scoring, his cheeky little reaction going off that Slaven had to call him on...He's a top player and looks head and shoulders above many in this division. It'll be disappointing if we can't sign him permanently, he looks fantastic on either foot and always looks like he has more time than he does.

Today was a good performance and we're still improving. I keep telling my old man that we need to be in touching distance of the top 2 come January, but we have nothing to fear in this division. Key is how we respond when we lose a game or two, for now things are going well and we just need to keep improving.

Exciting and enjoyable times!

(09-28-2019, 05:18 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Not sure I follow on Periera? Do we not have to make a decision on him at the end of the season? I would sign him like a shot, if only to immediately sell him for a profit. £9M is a steal.

100% the bloke looks quality!