Wingie
(09-13-2019, 08:01 AM)Cuzer Wrote: He was hung out to dry that deadline day, the club even told him to say his goodbyes to the staff at the training ground

Copped dogs abuse on here, and elsewhere, when he was only instructed to go to QPR to finalize the deal

Glad, all these years later the truth is slowly edging out

Interestingly is stock is now high with us again, clearly loves the Brom and involved in loads of charity functions now, Q&A’s etc, fair play

Cuzer

If that's true then why didn't he say that he was told to go to QPR? He just says he went thinking it was done... He says he feels hung out, so wouldn't expect him to be saying something that you say isn't true when he has nothing to lose / gain now.
(09-13-2019, 11:24 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 08:01 AM)Cuzer Wrote: He was hung out to dry that deadline day, the club even told him to say his goodbyes to the staff at the training ground

Copped dogs abuse on here, and elsewhere, when he was only instructed to go to QPR to finalize the deal

Interestingly is stock is now high with us again, clearly loves the Brom and involved in loads of charity functions now, Q&A’s etc, fair play

Cuzer

If that's true then why didn't he say that he was told to go to QPR? He just says he went thinking it was done... He says he feels hung out, so wouldn't expect him to be saying something that you say isn't true when he has nothing to lose / gain now.

Just sounds like a breakdown in communication to me. He was told a deal was in the offing and could head down there. It didn’t pan out, nobody told him and was left sat there like a lemon.
His mistake was talking to the press.

I imagine lots of players travel for medicals / final stages of deals only for them to fall through at the final hurdle. Unfortunately for him and us, the media spun the whole thing out of proportion.
(09-13-2019, 12:03 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Cuzer

Just sounds like a breakdown in communication to me. He was told a deal was in the offing and could head down there. It didn’t pan out, nobody told him and was left sat there like a lemon.

I think his agent probably was to blame for ending up at QPR car park. If I remember right Jerome Thomas was at Blackburn expecting a move only for it to fall through at the last minute. As far as I'm aware he never ended up on the club car park. 
Not sure it's the clubs fault that his agent fucked up. Surely he should've waited till he had confirmation.
https://www.express.co.uk/videos/5559287...r-day-2013
(09-13-2019, 12:39 PM)tiptontown Wrote:

Cuzer

I think his agent probably was to blame for ending up at QPR car park. If I remember right Jerome Thomas was at Blackburn expecting a move only for it to fall through at the last minute. As far as I'm aware he never ended up on the club car park. 
Not sure it's the clubs fault that his agent fucked up. Surely he should've waited till he had confirmation.

Weren’t QPR very twitchy about being seen to be up to anything dodgy (#arrythecunt was in charge so go figure) so wouldn’t even let him in the premises until we gave permission?

Cuzer

He was on a BT show with Michael Owen a few years ago and they were discussing what had happened. Owen said that all players park up near to the ground when they're waiting for the nod on a transfer move. Odemwingie's mistake was in parking up on the club car park rather than somewhere out of sight nearby.
(09-13-2019, 12:50 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Cuzer

He was on a BT show with Michael Owen a few years ago and they were discussing what had happened. Owen said that all players park up near to the ground when they're waiting for the nod on a transfer move. Odemwingie's mistake was in parking up on the club car park rather than somewhere out of sight nearby.

This is exactly my point DK. You're nearby ready, but you don't go there until confirmed. Not sure how the club can be blamed for that.
No, that’s a fair point

The club could have been more transparent after the move fell through, they didn’t and said very little if you recall and he was frozen out of the side for a while, almost portrayed as the naughty school kid and everybody seemed to blame him

He cleared out his locker, said his goodbyes etc and was sent to QPR with our blessing, something that never came out at the time, it was portrayed he was trying to force a move and was wrong to travel down there

Met him a few times and is a decent bloke to be fair, no airs and graces to him which is not always how he came across when he was with us

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
After QPRGate he did go yampy.

Very entertaining on Twitter though.