That Cnut Corbyn
Did you Bollox vote remain.

In response to the question - currently the problem we have is that there was a vote where comments and promises were made (I won’t put something in here about unicorns and candy floss but you get the idea), by having a vote now everyone would be voting on an understood concept. I would accept that result.
Yep - if people voted leave again, with all that they know now then I would wave the country goodbye. I've already got French residency and an Irish passport. I do work in travel and tourism though so my job would be seriously threatened. Just have to hope there's still jobs going in France.

I mean I would still give leavers loads of shit on the Internet whenever they complained about unemployment or recession or what have you but I wouldnt ask for a 3rd go.

Ps - don't know why that original post went up 3 times sorry
(08-27-2019, 05:24 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 04:06 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Hell bent on destabilising the Country for pedalling his own agenda. 

We're leaving, get with the program!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49483374

a) "peddling"

b) This is exactly what I and vast swathes of the country want . The ideal scenario is a no-confidence vote -> Corbyn interim PM -> snap election -> 2nd referendum -> put this whole idiotic, sordid mess behind us. Finger crossed!

(08-27-2019, 04:06 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Hell bent on destabilising the Country for pedalling his own agenda. 

a) "peddling"

b) Despite what you believe, this is exactly what vast swathes of the country want, given that no-deal is a total shitshow disaster. Some MPs actually doing what is right despite what The Sun and The Mail are going to say about them. The ideal scenario is a no-confidence vote -> Corbyn interim PM -> snap election -> 2nd referendum -> put this whole idiotic, sordid mess behind us. Finger crossed!

a) "peddling"

b) Despite what you believe, this is exactly what vast swathes of the country want, given that no-deal is a total shitshow disaster. Some MPs actually doing what is right despite what The Sun and The Mail are going to say about them. The ideal scenario is a no-confidence vote -> Corbyn interim PM -> snap election -> 2nd referendum -> put this whole idiotic, sordid mess behind us. Finger crossed!

Oh do shut up you remoaner (x 3), and you don't even live in the country so your points of view aren't valid IMO.
(08-27-2019, 09:32 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Did you Bollox vote remain.

In response to the question - currently the problem we have is that there was a vote where comments and promises were made (I won’t put something in here about unicorns and candy floss but you get the idea), by having a vote now everyone would be voting on an understood concept. I would accept that result.

How the fuck do you know how I voted?? 

I voted remain, but I'm glad I'm not a whinging remoaner. Except the result and move on.
(08-28-2019, 06:29 AM)YBaggie Rick Wrote:

I voted remain, but I'm glad I'm not a whinging remoaner. Except the result and move on.

‘Accept’ what result? The one where a good proportion of just over 50% of the population voted on a concept they didn’t understand. Now that the facts are out there I will guarantee that tiny majority would be wiped out.

If you really think that people voted to leave with no deal in place being a real option then you are deluded. The liars and snake oil salesmen said getting a deal would be the easiest thing going, turns out they lied. 

The ‘I voted remain’ line is billy bullshit to make out there are people out there that accept the ‘democratic’ will of the electorate, except that they don’t because they don’t want to put the known facts to that very electorate.
(08-28-2019, 07:06 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 06:29 AM)YBaggie Rick Wrote:

‘Accept’ what result? The one where a good proportion of just over 50% of the population voted on a concept they didn’t understand. Now that the facts are out there I will guarantee that tiny majority would be wiped out.

If you really think that people voted to leave with no deal in place being a real option then you are deluded. The liars and snake oil salesmen said getting a deal would be the easiest thing going, turns out they lied. 

The ‘I voted remain’ line is billy bullshit to make out there are people out there that accept the ‘democratic’ will of the electorate, except that they don’t because they don’t want to put the known facts to that very electorate.

Exactly what are they scared of with regards to a second vote?

The only person on here I recall even contemplating a no deal Brexit was Pilt Down Man and at the time his views were thought to be extremely right wing now they would be considered mainstream politics.
(08-28-2019, 05:57 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Oh do shut up you remoaner (x 3), and you don't even live in the country so your points of view aren't valid IMO.

Wow, your puerile name calling has completely changed my viewpoint. I see so clearly now -  it's the foreigners that are to blame, the Tories and Nigel are our friends. Thank you kind stranger...  

I lived in the UK in 2016 and had intended to return in 2020 so I think my viewpoints are perfectly valid thank you.

The irony of putting that while actively wanting the stupidest thing this country has done since Suez.
There is a very simple way for Boris to stop Corbyn 'destabilising the country and peddling his agenda' is to have a 2nd referendum. That would take the threat of this democratic isle becoming a communist state with chairman Jez at the helm, and allow Boris to focus on sorting the mess out rather than try to keep power by appeasing his blackshirted pals.
(08-28-2019, 05:57 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Oh do shut up you remoaner (x 3), and you don't even live in the country so your points of view aren't valid IMO.

"Remoaner'? Really, FFS - nothing original to say? (That's a rhetorical question by the way).

Do you think having your name displayed in green means you get to decide whose points of view are and aren't valid? That's exactly the kind of philosophy Boris, Nigel, Donald and plenty of others subscribe to; it's not new and you might want to spend some time considering where it usually leads. There's no shortage of examples.

As for Corbyn, his dilemma perfectly encapsulates that of the ideological left. Constitutionally he's perfectly correct in asserting his right to lead any interim government; unfortunately nowhere near enough people agree with that analysis - not in the commons, not in the country either. 

His lack of self awareness could be the thing that finally facilitates a crash out.