Some of the OTT reaction to last night
(02-13-2019, 02:05 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Football fans in hypocritical bullshit shocker?!?! As I said repeatedly last year the idea that playing the ‘right way’ will placate the fuckwits in our support if we don’t win, is complete and utter nonsense.

No its football fans getting rightly peeved off with footballers not doing basic things right and not learning from basic football mistakes .
(02-13-2019, 02:07 PM)igorbalis Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 12:55 PM)Statto Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 11:58 AM)igorbalis Wrote: amen to that - how do you expect the fans to react to a first half performance as bad as that?

By saying nothing, then at the start of the second half belting out a stirring “come on you baggies” to let them know they need to up their game, but we are behind them and, just maybe, giving them a lift when they need it.

The fans did get behind the team in the second half and we scored after harper hit the bar, as you could see we had upped the tempo from the first half. We then conspire to gift a second goal and low and behold the impetus is lost.

I'm actually surprised how muted the boos were after that first half, and no I didn't boo, but to expect anything else after the shite we played in the first half is unrealistic.

Is this what it's come to? If the team have a subpar half of football they should expect to be booed? That in itself is a perfect demonstration of how ridiculous our fans have become. What player would want to play in front of that?
(02-13-2019, 02:54 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 02:07 PM)igorbalis Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 12:55 PM)Statto Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 11:58 AM)igorbalis Wrote: amen to that - how do you expect the fans to react to a first half performance as bad as that?

By saying nothing, then at the start of the second half belting out a stirring “come on you baggies” to let them know they need to up their game, but we are behind them and, just maybe, giving them a lift when they need it.

The fans did get behind the team in the second half and we scored after harper hit the bar, as you could see we had upped the tempo from the first half. We then conspire to gift a second goal and low and behold the impetus is lost.

I'm actually surprised how muted the boos were after that first half, and no I didn't boo, but to expect anything else after the shite we played in the first half is unrealistic.

Is this what it's come to? If the team have a subpar half of football they should expect to be booed?

Slice like ive said further up the thread as in any walk of life not just in football if you see people not learning from basic errors its frustrating . booing is for cretins but fans are just frustrated in the same mistakes over and over again .
I see this “same mistake over and over again” line quoted repeatedly.

We have conceded a goal in each of the last two home games as a direct result of giving the ball away in our own third while building play. The other three were shite defending where the system or approach are totally irrelevant - Brunt’s air shot, Dawson not closing and not defending a long throw.

I’ve challenged people in another thread to name the other goals that have come a direct result of us passing it out from the back. Name names and games.....

I’ll start with J-Rod v Derby, which was a ludicrous back pass from the halfway line which you could argue either way.
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now
Listen all you people, come gather round
I gotta get me a game plan, gotta shake you to the ground
But just give me, huh, what I know is mine
People do you hear me, just gimme the sign
It ain't much I'm asking, if you want the truth
Here's to the future for the dreams of youth
I want it all (give it all I want it all)
I want it all (yeah)
I want it all and I want it now
(02-13-2019, 03:29 PM)Statto Wrote: I see this “same mistake over and over again” line quoted repeatedly.

We have conceded a goal in each of the last two home games as a direct result of giving the ball away in our own third while building play. The other three were shite defending where the system or approach are totally irrelevant - Brunt’s air shot, Dawson not closing and not defending a long throw.

I’ve challenged people in another thread to name the other goals that have come a direct result of us passing it out from the back. Name names and games.....

I’ll start with J-Rod v Derby, which was a ludicrous back pass from the halfway line which you could argue either way.
johnstone /barry v boro ..............identical to last night more or less the way they was pick pocketed .
(02-13-2019, 03:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 03:29 PM)Statto Wrote: I see this “same mistake over and over again” line quoted repeatedly.

johnstone /barry v boro ..............identical to last night more or less the way they was pick pocketed .

Agreed, but think I may have said that!!!
(02-13-2019, 03:52 PM)Statto Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 03:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote:

Agreed, but think I may have said that!!!
The trouble is now that we expect them to drop a bollock .
People have been saying all season that playing out from the back has been costing us.

It’s cost us two in two. If it’s been costing us all season, how much? The specific goals shouldn’t be hard to name given the volume of the wailing.

The plus is that the late pressure we exert on teams is a direct result of us moving them around so much while we are in possession. This is one of the main reasons for doing it. Our second half performances back this up. Our late goals are not lucky, it’s by design. It’s a way of ensuring that more often than not you’re still in the game, even if you’re behind, because the opposition are knackered.
Can’t remember if the goal was as result of playing out or not, but we should have conceded four or five against Blues because of it.