WBAUnofficial
Some of the OTT reaction to last night - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Some of the OTT reaction to last night (/showthread.php?tid=476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Some of the OTT reaction to last night - HeathAyIt - 02-13-2019

Should be used to it but in this case it seems a notch up. There was a lot that wasn't great about it but we played poorly and twice found the resolve to claw ourselves something out of it. The last 20-30 mins we also started to ask the sort of questions that have been missing from home games of late. A win would've seen us within 2 points of Leeds same games played and whilst it is frustrating that didn't happen we are still right in the mix. We also seem to neglect that Forest are hardly riddled with shit. Some very decent champo players in that side.

Everyone would've been absolutely ecstatic with 7 from 9 over this week and with our away form as it is that is still well within reach. With the right luck with injuries, we can still go straight up. No doubt.

RE: Some of the OTT reaction to last night - clem4england - 02-13-2019

There is growing frustration as we have been shit at home for nearly two months apart from Norwich and we didn’t even win that.

Add to that the bizarre subs, selections, tactics and hugely avoidable goals we concede it is unsurprising people are pissed off.

Personally i’d be ecstatic with the play-offs.

RE: Some of the OTT reaction to last night - Beano - 02-13-2019

The frustration is our home form and return, an automatic spot is fast disappearing in the distance as a
result, of course a few comments might be OTT but the overall concern and frustrating is with good cause.

What players, what formation and what tactics will all be questioned at some point, but the fact is that
Big Dave and his staff are simply not getting the best out of what is bloody good group of players by
this leagues standards.

RE: Some of the OTT reaction to last night - Tom Joad - 02-13-2019

Home form, innit? We shooty ourselves in the foot too often. You are right though, we need to keep the faith.

RE: Some of the OTT reaction to last night - Cunninghamismagic - 02-13-2019

The contrast between home and away is bizarre. In the 1st third of the season we were winning with ease at home but struggling away. In the 2nd third the opposite. In the last 7 at home it's only one defeat. But only one win... and 5 draws. Away it's 6 wins from the last 7. Very impressive.

RE: Some of the OTT reaction to last night - Statto - 02-13-2019

Our fanbase is an absolute fucking joke.

Anything but Pulis
I just want us to play football, even if we lose a few games
As long as they pus the effort in, they’ll have my support.

I call BULLSHIT

If nothing else, this team have shown they will keep going to the end and give their lot.

Yet still large sections of our ‘support’ get on their backs after one mistake, boo at half time when we’ve been better in the second half all season and don’t stick with them when they need us.

We have long laughed at our fickle fishy neighbours for this kind of shit.

I came out of the ground last night more gutted by what i saw and heard around me than anything I saw on the pitch.

I came out thinking thank fuck its an away game on Saturday. Anyone who thinks the players won’t be thinking exactly the same is deluded.

RE: Some of the OTT reaction to last night - Squid - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 09:02 AM)Statto Wrote: Our fanbase is an absolute fucking joke.

Anything but Pulis

I call BULLSHIT

If nothing else, this team have shown they will keep going to the end and give their lot.

Yet still large sections of our ‘support’ get on their backs after one mistake, boo at half time when we’ve been better in the second half all season and don’t stick with them when they need us.

I came out of the ground last night more gutted by what i saw and heard around me than anything I saw on the pitch.

I came out thinking thank fuck its an away game on Saturday. Anyone who thinks the players won’t be thinking exactly the same is deluded.

Yes. Embarrassing on here and elsewhere - people lying, saying we've been bad to watch all season.

Equally cringeworthy , watching people storm out of the ground at 65 minutes convulsing with fury because we're 2-1 down to a decent team.

RE: Some of the OTT reaction to last night - Cunninghamismagic - 02-13-2019

Bar a spell around when we scored our first I thought our fans were very muted last night. Has been some excellent, vocal backing this season. But even at the start of the game all you could hear were the vocal Forest fans (who seem to think that it's 1978).

RE: Some of the OTT reaction to last night - HeathAyIt - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 08:41 AM)Beano Wrote: The frustration is our home form and return, an automatic spot is fast disappearing in the distance as a
result, of course a few comments might be OTT but the overall concern and frustrating is with good cause.

What players, what formation and what tactics will all be questioned at some point, but the fact is that
Big Dave and his staff are simply not getting the best out of what is bloody good group of players by
this leagues standards.

An automatic spot isn't fast disappearing though is it?

RE: Some of the OTT reaction to last night - Shabby Russian - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 09:02 AM)Statto Wrote: Our fanbase is an absolute fucking joke.

Anything but Pulis

I call BULLSHIT

There is a lot of truth in what you say - but who knew football fans are fickle.

One of the things that has impressed me this season is the chasing of lost causes, the desire and resilience to play to the final whistle. Nothing epitomised that more was Sheff Wed at home, where things just kept going wrong i.e an unjustified sending off just as we were making our subs. No we didn't play well that day either, but we kept going and got in the end and more than deserved draw.

I think back to this time last season, and I think that we were about to embark on the most embarrassing passage of time in al my times of being an Albion fan (50 years now). We were a shambles on and off the pitch. When Moore took over as caretaker manager I thought there was much more chance of us going straight through to League 1 than a return to the Premiership.

Supporters think things are bad now, then start making the wrong decisions now I am fairly certain we will start on a downward spiral, which could lead to a long time outside the Premiership.

Oh and i'm not one to talk, seeing as I watched it on tv, but the atmosphere at the ground last night seemed non existent.