Down to Earth, we weren't good today...
(12-08-2019, 07:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 06:16 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I think hindsight is great after we've whupped them, but they had a fair few corners first half and we didn't deal great with all of them, like the goal and it was clear that the pendulum swung their way for a few minutes leading up to HRK's goal. Maybe nervous wasn't the right term, but most of us old enough have seen 2 goal leads disappear and a game change to be a mirror opposite will never feel totally comfortable until we get 3 goals ahead.
Swansea, imho, were a threat first half. Second they offered nothing.

I’d agree with... when they made it 2-1 they had spell of pressure where previous Albion sides would have conceded again, however this team seems to have a knack of grabbing goals at important times and as soon as Hal made it 3 I always felt we’d win.

Second half Swansea just collapsed. No idea what Cooper said at HT but second half we could have had any score we’d wanted. They were well beaten, and even the ref took pity on them only adding 2 mins on.

…..the real reason for this....Sky TV.....

Our game was on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football yesterday.   The game after ours on Main Event was Villa vs Leicester.  Our game ran over that much due to head injuries, other injuries and subsequent subs, when the game finished after the 'two' minutes injury time, they cut the feed and went straight to Seal Park where the teams were in the tunnel waiting to come out.  If the ref had played the correct amount of injury time (which much have been at least 6 minutes, given the events as above) the Villa game would have almost certainly have kicked off.

Good old Sky.....royally shagging football sine 1991

Messages In This Thread
RE: Down to Earth, we weren't good today... - by Banbury Baggie - 12-09-2019, 07:30 AM