Covid Vaccination ID
A good idea until the next mandatory requirement is associated with the renewal of their passport.
(07-19-2021, 10:37 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: A good idea until the next mandatory requirement is associated with the renewal of their passport.

Exactly!
I can’t quite comprehend the kicking back against a ‘Covid passport’. There are plenty of ‘proof required’ documents we a are made to have if we want to do certain things.

Driving licence 
Passport
Enhanced DBS 
SIA licence
Level two Common Core and OFSTED property check.
Age verification requirements.
Mandatory vaccination certificates for certain foreign travel etc.

What if the vast majority want to know they, or their loved ones, are not mixing with un vaccinated types? Are their ‘rights’ and ‘freedoms’ to be ignored? 

OK some may not want to be vaccinated,that’s their right, but it’s other people’s right and service providers’ right not to interact with them if they don’t wish to. Seems some who demand their ‘civil liberties’ are not so keen on acknowledging their civic responsibilities. 
Is a lot of this ‘civil Liberty’ ‘anti vacs’ stuff in reality down to wusses being frightened of hypodermic needles?  Angel
(07-20-2021, 06:31 AM)JOK Wrote: I can’t quite comprehend the kicking back against a ‘Covid passport’. There are plenty of ‘proof required’ documents we a are made to have if we want to do certain things.

Driving licence 
Passport
Enhanced DBS 
SIA licence

What if the vast majority want to know they, or their loved ones, are not mixing with un vaccinated types? Are their ‘rights’ and ‘freedoms’ to be ignored? 

OK some may not want to be vaccinated,that’s their right, but it’s other people’s right and service providers’ right not to interact with them if they don’t wish to. Seems some who demand their ‘civil liberties’ are not so keen on acknowledging their civic responsibilities. 
Is a lot of this ‘civil Liberty’ ‘anti vacs’ stuff in reality down to wusses being frightened of hypodermic needles?  Angel

I will tell my Dad that he must divorce my mum then seeing as she is unable to have the jab after a bad reaction. He wouldn't want to be mixing with such people. 

And my mates 27 year old relative who has only 60% kidney function after the jab-he must ignore that and get the 2nd jab if he wishes to be part of society. 

Luckily my wife's friends mum who was hospitalised after her 2nd jab as her immune system went into overdrive will be fine to get her passport- just hope she won't require a booster to renew it eh.

And can you only 'mix' with these unvaccinated types in certain places. Shall we ban them from supermarkets, workplaces, public transport and pubs too?
That is the crux of the matter bb, there are many people out there that can't have the vaccine but they are being put in a position because we have a situation where there aren't enough people that have been vaccinated (we can see that by hospital numbers going up). So effectively by people choosing not to have a jab (and as you say that is their choice) they are restricting the rights of those that can't have it.
(07-20-2021, 07:43 AM)baggy1 Wrote: That is the crux of the matter bb, there are many people out there that can't have the vaccine but they are being put in a position because we have a situation where there aren't enough people that have been vaccinated (we can see that by hospital numbers going up). So effectively by people choosing not to have a jab (and as you say that is their choice) they are restricting the rights of those that can't have it.

I wouldn’t bother B1, I’ve been saying this for a year. It’s not difficult to comprehend but those who refuse the vaccine simply dismiss the vulnerable’s rights as not as important as their rights to do what the beep they like. It’s the height of selfishness and a mark of petulant child / man-baby.

BB will not say as much but his ott defence of those who won’t vaccinate does mean he favours their rights above those without a choice. It defies logic to argue against this conclusion.
(07-20-2021, 07:07 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 06:31 AM)JOK Wrote: I can’t quite comprehend the kicking back against a ‘Covid passport’. There are plenty of ‘proof required’ documents we a are made to have if we want to do certain things.

Driving licence 
Passport
Enhanced DBS 
SIA licence

I will tell my Dad that he must divorce my mum then seeing as she is unable to have the jab after a bad reaction. He wouldn't want to be mixing with such people. 

And my mates 27 year old relative who has only 60% kidney function after the jab-he must ignore that and get the 2nd jab if he wishes to be part of society. 

Luckily my wife's friends mum who was hospitalised after her 2nd jab as her immune system went into overdrive will be fine to get her passport- just hope she won't require a booster to renew it eh.

And can you only 'mix' with these unvaccinated types in certain places. Shall we ban them from supermarkets, workplaces, public transport and pubs too?

None of those - unfortunate as they obviously are - really refute JOK's main point, which (assuming I'm reading him correctly) is that when it comes to vaccination, those of us who can, should. That way we not only protect ourselves, but also contribute to protecting those in your examples and others with similar circumstances.

It's the same principle as wearing masks: protect yourself, contribute to protecting others.

Edit: I've basically doubled up on what B1 and DH have already posted. Timing, not collusion.
Get back behind your sofa Derek you Muppet. I have mentioned 3 people I know that under your dictatorship will have restrictions placed on them because of adverse vaccine reactions. And according to you they should put their health in further danger to satisfy your fears. And you call me a man baby.
I think that there us a balance to be struck between the restrictions those that will have to face as a result of adverse reactions to the vaccine, against those that will contract the virus as a consequence of being infected by those who refuse it.  If as you say they have had serious reactions to the vaccine, why would they want to be in situations where they are more likely to encounter the possibility of infection?  Of course there are places and people mixing that in everyday life end up necessitating placing oneself at risk - COVID and the vaccinations against it are the 21st Century's way of adding yet another nastiness to the messy nature of trying to live.

There is little doubt that there are numbers of people who have had adverse reactions to the jab - I'm one of them.  Both AZ jabs left me particularly ill for several weeks and I'm not looking forward to the booster.  While in no way as sick as the people you describe, I still feel safer and would wish that as many people as possible get vaccinated.  I don't feel that the fears of the unvaccinated or the ugly consequences for some arising out of vaccination trump the rights or responsibilities of the wider population.  Because of a medical condition that is purely accidental there are many things I cannot and am not allowed to do.  I don't feel that I should have wider restrictions removed in order to have those rights accorded to me.  It is annoying and frustrating but it is a part of life.
(07-20-2021, 08:34 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Get back behind your sofa Derek you Muppet. I have mentioned 3 people I know that under your dictatorship will have restrictions placed on them because of adverse vaccine reactions. And according to you they should put their health in further danger to satisfy your fears. And you call me a man baby.

You have to have a vaccine for various jobs, you have to have certification to do various jobs, prove age etc. Those who have a severe adverse reaction to the vaccine should be exempt, as with those who cannot have the vaccine. It's not exactly a difficult thing to with technology, to flag this up. 

The point still stands that you are putting the rights of those who refuse to have the vaccine above the rights of those who cannot have the vaccine. What do you suggest those that are shielding do? 'Hide behind the sofa' for years?  You seem very concerned about those who have become ill because of the vaccine but not joining up the dots that they will be in the same position as those shielding, i.e more at risk from people who refuse to have the jab. There isn't any logic to your argument. 

I do like the Muppets as it goes.