Darnell Fishers red card from Tuesday...
I thought it was a yellow, but was the back of the east stand so not a great view.

Neil blamed our bench for theatrics, but I thought the ref reacted before anyone.
Orange card
Never red card and I had a great view of it.
Seems strange to me that a challenge that could have resulted in injury is rescinded (rightly so tbf) yet Sawyers grabbing someone by the chops is deemed a definite red with no arguments
(02-27-2020, 08:14 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote: Seems strange to me that a challenge that could have resulted in injury is rescinded (rightly so tbf) yet Sawyers grabbing someone by the chops is deemed a definite red with no arguments
I agree with this, one is something that happens playing football. What Sawyers did isn’t, not matter how soft it was.
(02-27-2020, 08:14 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote: Seems strange to me that a challenge that could have resulted in injury is rescinded (rightly so tbf) yet Sawyers grabbing someone by the chops is deemed a definite red with no arguments

Probably been said before but a decent ref would have just spoken to both players. (Sawyers incident). I've seen far worse unpunished in this league, this season,. In the Prem though, different story, red every time. It ain't right, but it's the way it is.
(02-27-2020, 08:26 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

Probably been said before but a decent ref would have just spoken to both players. (Sawyers incident). I've seen far worse unpunished in this league, this season,. In the Prem though, different story, red every time. It ain't right, but it's the way it is.

What Sawyers did was violent conduct, and it needs to be stamped out. It was a red card, and that’s that.

It’s out of character for him, and I’m sure something must have been said, but in those circumstances he should make the officials aware of it and not bite. Paterson got the reaction he wanted.
(02-27-2020, 05:31 PM)Dry chasetownbaggie Wrote: Went in quite forceful IMO and his trailing leg took Robinson out. I'd have put it in the same bracket as Ferguson's red earlier in the season. Go figure.

I was just above it with a couple of football folks and we looked at each other and thought The boy was hard done by. Seeing it later it wasn’t his trailing leg but the one that took the ball -carried on and caught Callum’s shin. Still not deliberate but he went to ground which made it look worse I think.
It's a shame he was sent off tbh. We were much better against 11 than we were 10 imo.
(02-27-2020, 06:00 PM)Albionmad Wrote: I wonder what the appeal verdict would have been if it had been an Albion player?
The same.
Unless you believe in conspiracy against the Albion.